Sussex Bushcraft group meet for JUNE: 22nd to 24th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
No gonna be able to make it guys...I'm sad I can't leave London for the weekend. :(
Have fund and enjoy the sausages !

Bruce

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I am back from sunny Spain after a fantastic holiday doing not a lot & on the train home. I plan to have an early start so hope to be up with you guys around 9ish.

If I remember I will bring up Alan's bag of bits, plus the camp chair & frying pan that was left at the meet before. See you all in the morning. Dave

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Bring an umbrella, Dave, it's überwet here at the moment! Dry & warm for once but so damn noisy with the rain hitting the tarp I'm having trouble sleeping

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Very brief meet for me this time, but nonetheless enjoyable, despite the rain! Nice to meet Tim and Simone, this meet's new faces, I hope you join us again. Thanks to all the regulars who make it what it is, you're not a bad bunch really (except Spandit). Jack thanks for the lift mate, and the design, I owe you one. See you all next month!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Thanks to everyone, especially Jack, who suffered my company on the walk-in for Friday/Saturday.

Stayed dry under the DD XL - we were again lucky with the weather

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I got Arc eye Rob, because I was next to most people who tested it! It was well recieved. The striker was the thing that most particularly liked, especially as it will work with all types of ferro rod. It's hotter brighter spark was commented on too, which worked a treat in the wet conditions this weekend. The design also past muster with the striker seating into the handle as opposed to loose on a string. All in, a hit I think.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
So yet another fab weekend. Great to see everyone. Enjoyed the walk in with Spandit. Got to test my ankle and my ranger beads. Both worked more or less. Saw some interesting things on the way in too. And more now drill success, now to make another set just to make sure it's not just the kit more the method. Cheers for the string JC.

I have the chute, but may not be able to make it next time, so we may need to sort that one out.

Thanks to Hugo for the sauce, that's tomorrow's lunch sorted.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for everyone who came for turning up this windy wet weekend.
I enjoyed myself albeit being lethargic due to a health problem.
Some good carving done especially PeterT making the nice Kuksa from a birch burl.
@ Rob, the ferro rod and striker performed really well in the windy conditions, nice design and easy to carry.

TimD

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2011
Coulsdon
Guys, Thanks very much for a being so welcoming.
Had a great time and am now feeling very chilled and ready for the week.
We'll be seeing you all again at next one if everything goes to plan.

Thx again,
Tim & Simone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE