DD Basha Tarp Confusion!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
I just received my new DD Basha Tarp, 3m by 3m and am a bit confused by the loops on it as they are only on two sides. On the 2 sides without loops there is black material the same as the loops but without the actual loop on them if you know what i mean. In place of the loops there is simply a bit of sewn black material which looks frayed round the edges a bit as if they had been scissored off.

So my question is! Should the DD basha have loops on all 4 sides or just 2 of the sides?

Cheers!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Is it the OG or Camo version tarp?

I know that they had issues with the camo version tearing so to rectify it they cut a number of loops off the tarp.

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
Is it the OG or Camo version tarp?

I know that they had issues with the camo version tearing so to rectify it they cut a number of loops off the tarp.

It's the camo one and I did phone thebushcraftstore to enquire but they guy didnt seem to be fully understanding my question. They do indeed look like they have been snipped off, but not a very good job was made of doing so if this is the case as they are all frayed at the snip.

A little disappointed :/

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
I have the green one and it has loops on all four sides

Jason

Sigh..... Well mine is certainly only two sides and I was hoping to test it out this weekend. If they are going to go all snippy snippy on products before they ship them they should have the insight to let us buyers know and give them the choice.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I would have thought that as their description says "It is ultra light but tough and has 13 attachment points" if yours has less or does not look like this
550-paracord-neon-yellow-guy-lines--[5]-4703-p.jpg

(picture taken from there web-site)
Then you have a reasonable reason for them to take it back.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
IIRC the DD 3x3 mtp tarp had problems ,it would rip along the side if the side guying points were used and the came under strain as in windy conditions.The solution seems to have been to cut off the side loops so that this doesn't happen.Sadly it renders the tarp as limited to the way it can be pitched.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
If you looked on DD website, it does state it has 13 attachment points. The image above shows the OG tarp with 19 attachment points, not the MC tarp with 13. The retailer you bought it from should really have known this.

I do agree that removing the points on the dodgy sides by snipping off and left to fray, like webbing does, is a bit lacking in attention to detail.

I do have an early MC tarp with all but 1 of the attachment points; mine hasn't ripped yet, i make sure there is some shockcord used in tying it out so it doesn't strain the sides as much. This has worked so far.

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
4 sides of attachments on the OG and only 2 on the newer MC

In my opinion DD are useless, good kit but the customer service i received was a shambles

Yes the Camo one has less Tie out Points.

Perhaps DD Should have just not stitched them on rather than simply cutting them off, it would be less of an overhead for them,
They could have unpicked the stitching on the tie out points as well.
Perhaps you could do this and then heat a srcrewdriver, and rub over any frayed / cut seams to seal them.

I have bought quite a bit of their range, such as, a DD Travel Hammock, a DD Underquilt, a DD Netted Hammock, a DD 3x3 Tarp, some DD Tree Huggers and some DD Whoppie Slings.

Personally I have never had any issues with DD Hammocks and I have received a very high level of service from them.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
I have heard that some of the camo ones were prone to ripping maybe thats why they have cut some of the loops off to minimise the stress on the tarp

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE