Recommend me a rucksack please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
Just wondering if you could recommend me a day sack.

I would like it to carry the following:
Crusader mug and bottle
Flat packing stove and trangia with a little meths
Camera
Bahco laplander saw and knife
Small fire kit
Food and brew kit
DD Camping hammock
Small first aid kit

Maybe a small tarp or spare jacket
A little room left over for any add ons

Thank you :)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Sounds like 30l would be spot on. I like the look of the NI patrol pack in OG but ive not got hold of one yet.

http://www.militarymart.co.uk//olive-green-n-i-patrol-pack-38-litre/prod_576.html

Steer clear from that particular example- the manufacturer has a very poor record for quality.... Indeed almost all NI packs in OG are after market (not genuine issue) and the quality control (and just the general standard of materials used) from the likes of webtex etc is notorius.

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
I have a 10L and its slightly too small for all the gear, 15-20 should do, anyone have a recommendation? :)

I have a 40L pack coming, so hoping to get something around 20 as i have too many packs and want to thin my kit

Thank you :D

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I use an alpkit gourdon,it's a 20L dry bag with shoulder straps and a waist belt.
I'm hoping to get soon a set of PLCE pouches and yoke also about 29L
I had an Osprey talon 22L but found it a bit too small in the back length despite adjusting it to it's fullest.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I would also advise checking out how big a rucksack is compared to what it says it is.I have a 51L sack that actually holds 30L and a 70L sack that holds over 100L.
Go to any camping shop and ask them to line up 1 of each 30L sack they have ,you'll be amazed at the different sizes.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I would also advise checking out how big a rucksack is compared to what it says it is.I have a 51L sack that actually holds 30L and a 70L sack that holds over 100L.
Go to any camping shop and ask them to line up 1 of each 30L sack they have ,you'll be amazed at the different sizes.

I agree i never buy packs by there litres i use dimensions for my needs.

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
I got a couple of "15L" Highlander rucksacks for my lads, off Outdoor value (no affiliations) for approx £12-14 delivered, and I think they're cracking for the money. I'll post some pics if you're interested, but for that money you really can't go wrong.

Cheers

Mat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE