June 2012 bushcraft show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 15, 2012
UK
On google earth the show ground is to the right of the castle, the picture actually has a big white marquee in the field that was a different show when the image was shot. The camping area on the show ground is to the right of that marquee.

Best thing is to now look at the website as the show guide map went up yesterday. www.thebushcraftshow.co.uk

hope that helps.

ER

that doesn't give a lot of room if there are a lot of people wanting to camp in the woods does it.

Podcast Bob

Yes we will be there through to Monday afternoon, but forgive us if we might be dead on our feet by then, getting tongue tied over knots, and how to light a Honey LOL!!

Well I hope the show is reasonable, working back to back weeks in preparation can be dissapointing if no one show's up ;-)

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I didn't go to last years but why were you disappointed?

There were at least 2 event timetables in circulation, possibly 3, meaning I missed most of what I wanted to see.

There were far too many traders, it was like camping with shops.

Standards of camping varied from clearly experienced, to those who were there with no idea. I hammocked in an out of the way spot. On my return, I found a dad teaching his son how to throw knives into trees. A tent pitched across the path...it was the only flat area around, so why not? Fire scars were left uncleared. Piles of food were left at the bases of trees as the people left and couldn't be bothered to take it away.

The hog roast ran out of food very quickly leaving some hungry.

They ran out of cold drinks after a couple of hours and wouldn't let the icecream van sell any, despite having a good supply on board.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture...

Simon

This year was my first show and really enjoyed it, on the whole good. I have to agree with Simon though, the catering was a tad underwhelming. Luke warm tea and coffee, not enough food etc/ Still, the prices were decent.

I was a tad surprised at the mindset of some of the campers. We went to great lengths to leave no trace of our presence and on leaving on monday, we achieved it. There was no sign of our fire, tarps or tents. The same however could not be said for some of our neighbours who having dug up the turf for their fire, didnt put it back.

Still, great time had by many and I finally got the hang of looking after my knife.

Till next time.

Pete

Jun 15, 2011
Hampshire
I've been to both so far and this time I still thought it was worth the money!

My only 'complaint' was that I was expecting more 'alt' skills being taught than the usual spoon carving/knife sharpening... I know people enjoy those things and they're great for the kids etc but I long for things like 'natural navigation' 'learning to read the weather' 'medicinal uses of plants' 'game prep' etc to be taught/demonstrated - things a little less equipment based...

Having said that- Lofty was ace, Les Stroud was ace, all the Ray Mears/Bear Grylls bashing was... Interesting and there were some great stalls and even greater experts on them!

Jerky huts = epic!! :D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE