June 2012 bushcraft show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erro Telcontar

Forager
Mar 23, 2012
Sheffield
I'll be there, got a session booked saturday morning with gransfor bruk's master smiths to make my own neck knife, a birthday treat for me ;-)
then i'll be wondering round seeing whats going on before a rushed drive back to work at Edale YHA.

Erro

All that is gold does not glisten

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Can't make it as I am at a Meet at Rough Close over that time period.

crying shame mate. TBH i was torn between the two, as it happens work's kinda got in the way of both but travelling time's a lot less to the bushcraft show, so practicality has won out this time.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
maybe we should post some up to date-ish photos of ourselves on this thread so when we are there we can say stuff to each other like " oi you , ugly bloke I know who you are , you must be salad"

I will start this is me

P1020023.jpg

Last edited:

England Ram

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2011
Derby
I'm helping out a bit on the show this year so may be able to answer some of the questions posted:
Camping for over night campers will be either on the showground area where the event is happening, in the bottom right of the area if you look on google earth, or into the woods adgacent to the showground, not around Elvaston Castle in their other areas.

Beer will be provided by Tollgate Brewery, local company, local beers etc. As its a family event, and the councils stipulation, there will be a designated area next to the beer tent for consuming their beers.

Entertainment given by Les Stroud and companinons.

Lofty Wiseman, Les Stroud, Perry McGee, Ben McNutt and others giving talks.

Loads of activities and demos that are free, a few charged activities, but check out the website for all you can do.

Hope that helps somewhat, looking forward to meeting some of you, been reading much more than posting here so will be nice to put faces to names.

I'll be one of the guys wearing our customary tops so we can be distinguished from the crowd if needed, I'll have the name Adam on it:)

I'll be minus the shotgun:)
274682_586396207_672477526_n.jpg

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
maybe we should post some up to date-ish photos of ourselves on this thread so when we are there we can say stuff to each other like " oi you , ugly bloke I know who you are , you must be salad".....

cracking idea, unfortunately i don't appear to have any recent photo's of me so it'll have to be a carnation in the buttonhole i'm afraid!...........off to see how weird it feels to take a photo of myself in the mirror for the express purpose of meeting men from the internet :rofl:

stuart

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
cracking idea, unfortunately i don't appear to have any recent photo's of me so it'll have to be a carnation in the buttonhole i'm afraid!...........off to see how weird it feels to take a photo of myself in the mirror for the express purpose of meeting men from the internet :rofl:

stuart

Hhahhahaha, very freaky indeed. But errrrrm I kinda like it ermmmmm

Now I know that just came out all wrong:eek: :lmao:

Last edited:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I'll be there working on the Derbyshire County Council Stands doing firelighting workshops on Sunday and Monday, along with greenwood demonstrations and campfire cookery. Come and say hello and there might be some snap on the go too. I'll be the bloke with the long hair.

IMG_3285.jpg

wolfpup

May 10, 2012
Lancashire
Last time I had a piccy taken I got married - 25 years ago! (don't do cameras) - how about something like a little stick on paper label saying BCUK - Wolfpup - or something similar?? Have you guys thought about having a badge made for BCUK? Too late for this one obviously - but for future events like this.

The easiest way to recognize me is I will be the little fat old lady asking for Southern Comfort and ice in a beer tent! :rolleyes:

Podcast Bob

Rose and I will be there on the backpackinglight stand and I'll have the new Mini Peak and Mega Horn tents on display, plus we are bringing all the tarps, bushcraft accessories and a variety of clearance goodies we've stockpiled.

When things are quietish I'll be running tarp pitching demo's so bring the kids and we will get them tying knots and dreaming about sleeping under the stars.

May 15, 2012
UK
I'm helping out a bit on the show this year so may be able to answer some of the questions posted:
Camping for over night campers will be either on the showground area where the event is happening, in the bottom right of the area if you look on google earth, or into the woods adgacent to the showground, not around Elvaston Castle in their other areas.

yep im going

on google earth If your looking at the front of the castle where is the show ground and camping area.

cheers

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I was a bit disappointed after last years, so have organised a Scouty bushcraft weekend for the District over the same weekend.

Hope this year is better than last and you all have a good weekend.

Simon

England Ram

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2011
Derby

yep im going

on google earth If your looking at the front of the castle where is the show ground and camping area.

cheers

On google earth the show ground is to the right of the castle, the picture actually has a big white marquee in the field that was a different show when the image was shot. The camping area on the show ground is to the right of that marquee.

Best thing is to now look at the website as the show guide map went up yesterday. www.thebushcraftshow.co.uk

hope that helps.

ER

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Rose and I will be there on the backpackinglight stand and I'll have the new Mini Peak and Mega Horn tents on display, plus we are bringing all the tarps, bushcraft accessories and a variety of clearance goodies we've stockpiled.

When things are quietish I'll be running tarp pitching demo's so bring the kids and we will get them tying knots and dreaming about sleeping under the stars.

Will you guys be there on monday Bob? I cant make the whole weekend as Im busy getting married lol, but it would be great to meet you if your about!!

All the best
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE