Finnish Defence Forces Surplus: Canteen, sweaters etc.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Damn it just seen this if there's another in the future would'nt mind a pair of the combat boot(lace up type) and a couple of the canteens,ah well if your not fast your last....

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I have many packages ready to ship out but unfortunately I not all have sent their shipping addresses to me. Please do so as soon as possible!

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
I managed to sort an international payment out via my internet banking. Though I needed quite a lot of info from Martti (full name, bank address, home address) which he gladly supplied.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I was under the impression that one's IBAN and BIC codes were enough when paying with Euro inside the European Union. I have supplied many with just these two codes and the payments have went well, at least I hope so!

phil wright

Jul 24, 2008
Harlow
I received my two canteens and two reels of polyester thread.
The canteens are of superb quality and very well made, same as the covers for the canteen.
The thread is thread and I will have to find a use for it but I am. sure that it will last me forever.
If someone drops out and doesn't pass on their delivery address and you find yourself with extra canteens I would like to take then as well if possible.
Many thanks again to a top guy
Regards
Phil

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
I recieved mine safely, thanks, with an outer layer of Finnish newspaper - perhaps I could try to teach myself... As others have said, top marks Martti!

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
Mine arrived a while ago but I've been too busy to let you know. Great kit, though my jumper is currently stretching on the back a chair. Svelt lot, you Finns!

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
All orders have been shipped out. I will check my account for payments at the end of this week and report back to those whose payment has not reached me by then.

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
These vintage clothes are no doubt good stuff but the topic reminded me of my dad. He was in the US Navy in the 1950's and toured the middle east. One summer back in the 80s he handed me a half dozen beautiful long sleeve khaki cotton shirts that he had from his Navy days. He thought they would make great work shirts. I worked in a factory back then and they were perfect.

The first day wearing one of these shirts on the job was a real experience. I reached for a tool, rip. OK, sleeve ripped, remove shirt, slap a patch of duct tape on the inside, continue. Bend over, rip. OK shoulder ripped, strip off shirt, duct tape, carry on. Catch shirt on workbench, rip, strip, tape. Lift electroplating rack, rip, large vent down center of back, kind of refreshing actually. Strip off shirt, pull long length of tape...

"McINTYRE!!! WHAT THE @#$%&* ARE YOU DOING!" Shop foreman HAS been watching...

Lessons Learned

1. Never wear a 35 year old cotton shirt to work that has been exposed to the sun from Gibraltar to India and back.

2. You CAN make a pretty decent work shirt out of duct tape.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Mine have just arrived, many thanks Martti, payment seems to be a bit epic, has anyone made progress on this yet and can help me out?

Payment was a bit epic. With HSBC must be done in working hours and a silly charge of 9 euro grots for the privelige of sending money to another country within the EU :confused:. That aside IBAN and BIC codes sufficient to do the job. Minimum of £25 equivalent transfer though!! Done now and all is good with the world again.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Will be taking new orders/requests as they come to my PM. If it has been used by the Finnish Defence Forces during the past thirty years or so, I might be able to purchase it. Payment through PayPal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE