June 2012 bushcraft show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi folks. If you don't already know there's a bushcraft show going on at Elvaston Castle in Derbyshire. Just posting to find out who is going from this site? And when? Hope to finally put some faces to names!

Jordan

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
Mrs just got a living social offer on her mobile for tickets for this, reminded me to get on and see who is going

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
thats great the only downside is it leads to even more people fighting over our limited woodlands but thats just me moning ;)

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
Me and my son (age 10) are there Friday to Monday. As he's with me we will be camping in a tent rather than wild camping. It would be great to have a beer meet one evening to say hi to fellow members.

Cheers,

Dan.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Well I assume there will be somewhere to buy beer at this event? Because other than that the nearest pub is the Harrington arms which isn't very big at all! Or is it a bring your own type of thing?

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Well I assume there will be somewhere to buy beer at this event? Because other than that the nearest pub is the Harrington arms which isn't very big at all! Or is it a bring your own type of thing?

I think I saw on their Facebook page that they've got a small local brewery providing liquid refreshment. They did the same thing last year, a good selection of ales and ciders in a beer tent, 'twas good!

Sent from whatever the coolest gadget is these days.

wolfpup

May 10, 2012
Lancashire
Hi guys

There is evidently a local-produce shop for the basics (bread milk etc) defo a beer tent and entertainment on Sunday night at least.
Activities for everyone - no matter what your interests.

HASTUR - You daft bat! Just did not want to give the wrong impression bearing in mind you are 3 years younger than my son! For everyone's info Hastur has kindly said I can hitch my tent next to his so he can keep an eye on me bearing in mind its my first time camping for over 40 years. I am hoping my 'adopted son' (long story) can also come - he is just starting to 'awaken' to the idea of prepping and bushcraft, and is trying to make his first bow.

BUSHCRAFTSMAN - I am also traveling down on Friday until the Monday.
TENGU - day tickets are £25 - you get to stay until 10.30pm - and the vast majority of activities are free once inside.

It promises to be very interesting - being able to try making your own knife, learning new skills from experts in their field, for me there's the woodland walks, animal tracking, plant identification etc, for the more macho there's archery, ax throwing, skinning and preparing food. Oh, and don't forget the Hog Roast on Sat night (for those meat eaters amongst you), talks from Les Stroud etc.

Sounds as if its made for you guys :lmao:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'm hoping to be there from friday afternoon onwards, depending on work. would be good to meet up with people for a beer one evening

stuart

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
so shall we set a night for a meet? I dont know about everyone else but I personally have never met anyone off this site so how will we (the people who this is a first for) know who to meet up with! haha. Is the camping just "anywhere" in the castle grounds or is there designated areas?

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
I'll be there with the wife, little 'un an new pup. Bringing the circus tent, so no woods for me :(
Should be good though, can't wait!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi guys

There is evidently a local-produce shop for the basics (bread milk etc) defo a beer tent and entertainment on Sunday night at least.
Activities for everyone - no matter what your interests.

HASTUR - You daft bat! Just did not want to give the wrong impression bearing in mind you are 3 years younger than my son! For everyone's info Hastur has kindly said I can hitch my tent next to his so he can keep an eye on me bearing in mind its my first time camping for over 40 years. I am hoping my 'adopted son' (long story) can also come - he is just starting to 'awaken' to the idea of prepping and bushcraft, and is trying to make his first bow.

BUSHCRAFTSMAN - I am also traveling down on Friday until the Monday.
TENGU - day tickets are £25 - you get to stay until 10.30pm - and the vast majority of activities are free once inside.

It promises to be very interesting - being able to try making your own knife, learning new skills from experts in their field, for me there's the woodland walks, animal tracking, plant identification etc, for the more macho there's archery, ax throwing, skinning and preparing food. Oh, and don't forget the Hog Roast on Sat night (for those meat eaters amongst you), talks from Les Stroud etc.

Sounds as if its made for you guys :lmao:

This sound absolutely awesome, I was well looking forward to coming till I saw the date, Im geting married on the 2nd June so cant make the weekend, I have persauded swmbo that we need t visit on the monday as we wont be far away on out honeymoon.
Go you think it will be actually worth the visit on the monday? I no Im gonna miss out on all the great stuff which will be over the weekend, and I also see it finishes early but will there still be stuff going on?

Have a great time peeps
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE