Real Skookum Bush Tool Knife, by Rod Garcia.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Hi again, sale from the draw and had a long wait for this and since started making my own knives (and love using my current one) so for sale as it won't get the use that it will deserve :(
Inc RMSD but no Paypal fees so you will cover fees please (as per rules).

Skookum Bush Tool Bushcraft Knife by Rod Garcia in 3mm O1 with Tan Micarata Scales, Mors K hole near tip and with the extra extra lanyard hole. Longer wait than website says (just under 3 years from order and was $30 more in the end). Cut short wait and no taxes, just want to get my money back, never used, £165 SOLD
inc RMSD.

dscf0181gy.jpg

dscf0182j.jpg

dscf0184ba.jpg

dscf0183tw.jpg

Cheers folks :)

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Beautiful knife that, and sorry to get your hopes up for me posting a reply. I have a nice knife already and really don't need another. Anyway can I ask what the purpose of the hole near the tip of the blade is for?

I did a similar thing on one of my own knifes for a fucntion I wanted it to perform and just wondering what else it could be for.

Good luck with the sale. Like I said that's one sweet looking knife.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Aaron
from Rods site it appears to be a pivot hole

http://www.skookumbushtool.com/

Mors Kochanski has also suggested drilling a shearing hole near the tip of the blade where you insert a nail or pin to act as a pivot point. When set up properly the knife is used in a shearing action similar to a flat bed paper cutter for cutting up multiples of whatever one might need such as a bunch of toggles for buttons, tarp tie downs etc. or for processing large quantities of food items.

Chas
Hi again, sale from the draw and had a long wait for this and since started making my own knives (and love using my current one) so for sale as it won't get the use that it will deserve :(
Inc RMSD but no Paypal fees so you will cover fees please (as per rules).

Skookum Bush Tool Bushcraft Knife by Rod Garcia in 3mm O1 with Tan Micarata Scales, Mors K hole near tip and with the extra extra lanyard hole. Longer wait than website says (just under 3 years from order and was $30 more in the end). Cut short wait and no taxes, just want to get my money back, never used, £165 inc RMSD.

dscf0181gy.jpg

dscf0182j.jpg

dscf0184ba.jpg

dscf0183tw.jpg

Cheers folks :)

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Thanks Mike, very kind :)

Rob, handle is 115mm and blade is 100mm (but I also do have slim hands!!!) hope thats of some help, cheers :D

Biker

Could someone please buy this one so that I can stop being tempted?

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it

I'm probably not helping much am I, Forestwalker? :lmao:

That is such a sweet looking knife though and from a really, REALLY good stable too.

Thanks for the reply about that hole chapsJacko. (and those PMs I got too). Pretty much as I suspected, I drilled a hole in the blade of an old Bowie knife I used for the same purpose.

forestwalker

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it I'm probably not helping much am I, Forestwalker? :lmao:
No, you are not. I like the design, they have a good reputation for quality, the price is really right there at the level where I could but really should not. Which is the sweet spot of evil: you know it would be possible, but also that it would hurt. Which is why I hope someone buys it quickly before I fall for temptation.
That is such a sweet looking knife though and from a really, REALLY good stable too.
Red is of course not my color, I prefer my kit in easy-to-loose colors, like brown, green, tan and black. Not that I loose much kit, but I do recall spending 2-3 hours in my teens backtracking myself until I found a lost knife.

forestwalker

Congrats on the sale Jacko, someone got themselves a beauty there. Perhaps my subliminal pushing did it :lmao: ... I wonder if it was forestwalker?
Nope. I was strong. If I had not just bought a new rucksack (to replace a almost worn out one) I would not have been able to resist. I will make an SKB style sheath for my Julius Petterson knife, though.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
You want to make a sheath like that??? I know we should probably move this to a new thread but, the only thing I don't like about the SBT is the sheath - it sucks. I had Dougster make me a decent one as soon as I got the knife from Rod. Honestly - they're horrible! Bulky, 'hard', impractical, insecure. I know people will disagree but aesthetically too, they're not great at all.

forestwalker

You want to make a sheath like that??? I know we should probably move this to a new thread but, the only thing I don't like about the SBT is the sheath - it sucks. I had Dougster make me a decent one as soon as I got the knife from Rod. Honestly - they're horrible! Bulky, 'hard', impractical, insecure. I know people will disagree but aesthetically too, they're not great at all.
In general yes: + wooden insert around blade: add some bulk, but also in durability + scandi style center seam: I just like them I agree that it looks like it does not exactly lock the knife in place, but mine will be a good friction fit. My intention is a birch insert, quite slim as such things go, and to use partly tanned leather (i.e. with a core of rawhide) that dries fairly hard. Instead of the tab I'll add a loop by the seam for the neck cord.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE