Hi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Georgiesickjitz

Apr 2, 2012
southampton
Hello all, my name is Georgie and i am from Southampton in Hampshire, uk. I am very fortunate to have the new forest 10 minutes drive from my home. I try to camp out at least once a month and visit the forest most weeks with my partner and young children. For as long as i can remember i have had a thing for the forest, the peacefulness and the sense of pureness i get when i am there is uncomparable to any other experience.

My bushcraft skills are fairly limited, i can make fire with a flint and some birch bark, just basic concepts, but the essentials ones. When ever i go on a camping trip, i try to take the bare minimum.

Sleepingbag & Bivi bag
sleeping mat
Mora clipper knife
Flint
An axe
Billy tin
Thermos
A basic survival container:Some birch bark, cotton wool, boiled sweets etc.
Water and food

The lighter the better.

The internet has really opened my eyes up to new skills, Youtube has such a varied assortment of videos, so each time i go i like to try some new techniques . Having 12 years experience as a carpenter i know how timber works, maybe there is a link there some where.

Well thats me in basic form, i hope i havn't bored you to much.

Kind regards,

Georgie

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi George, welcome to the forum. I went to Southampton Uni 30 years ago, and treasure memories of the New Forest, though I haven't been back there since. I've always had a fascination for forests, which is why I picked Southampton Uni, it was so easy to get a train or bus into the forest to escape, when student life got too much; I always came back relaxed and refreshed.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm in Southampton on a training course for the next 6 weeks (and I went to So'ton Uni too!). It does look pretty in places but sadly haven't got time to really go anywhere

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Don't forget the tampons! prepacked cotton wool in a small waterproof packet!...or and the paracord, can't forget that! from a fellow new member to another....welcome! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE