Dartmoor 6 " The Great Moorland Bake Off "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Who ever said having kids was a blessing? Those blessed toads cost me a great weekend which sounded a great gathering and the pics are quality glad everyone had a great time and I promise on both testicles I am staying for the next one for the duration, oh yeah I can do a good deal on dodgy FAC for those with air rifles
onl joking as this is illegal
all the best guys and to the silver haired old man HAPPY BIRTHDAY mate

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Looks like a good one and lots of faces I haven't seen before. Wish I had been there, but just as well I didn't, as mum had a fall and ended up in hospital at the weekend. Glad you all had a great meet.

Sorry to hear that I missed your birthday Ivan - you kept quiet about that one to me.

Fingers crossed for next time. I need some good camp food - getting a bit skinny!

Lucy x

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well , hello everyone , seem to have brushed off the post meet blues , earlier than usual ! Thanks you lot for making it yet another memorable meet , and for ensuring i had the best birthday ever !

It will be easier than normal to insult you all as you now seem to all be called Arry ! can't think why ?

Anyway i will post some memories of the weekend , as my fuzzyness subsides and my now rather old memory returns , but for now i think you will all agree we had a great time .

Anybody seen my green y fronts ?

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right ! Let the oscar speech begin ( in stages i may add ) Thanks Ickysticky for coming down a week eary ! to help me set up and stop me flapping so much , oh and cheers for the help with the Air Cadets great company pal , and good to have a victim to hone my mickey taking skills .

Arry cheers for , naming the boss and keeping her entertained , also for hand carving my new house name plate ( Farcome Hall ) also for winning most brandy consumed at any meet ! Although you didn't drink it all i may add.
You need to do some gym work as the amount of time you requred help getting the lid off all of those bottles , was silly , great photos by the way .

Newbies next ..

Steve , i think you enjoyed the view ! Thanks for the drink and kind comments ( another convert ) oh yeah great stir fry ( i hear ! ) was busy leading new lambs to the slaughter , still next time eh ?

Richie . Very well done indeed sir ! first night two collapses and one broken chair ! good company and great fireside banter , and redemption with sausage butties ( early hours ) Looking forward to the video.

Kev . ( Richie's mate ) poor chap , thought it was a mystery tour , glad you enjoyed the birds , and hats off , a woodland shower 7.30am in March ! Has your skin returned to normal colour yet ? Hope you two will be back !

Lastly for now , my three eldest and gorgeous daughters , thanks girls for sticking it and making an old man very happy ! also your pal Zoe nunny ! Hope it has not put you off trying it again ..

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Part 2 . Now on to some more of the seasoned fools !

Dave53 , cheers for the chicken , went down a treat , i had 16 pieces ! And boy can you shovel , brill idea about raising the fire above ground ! cheers pal.

TBL. Thankyou very much mate for going to all that trouble with the birthday cake , and the military precision with which it was smuggled into camp , ( Dave , i am sure you are big enough to collect birch bark on your own ! ) Really nice surprise very tasty too !

Jon and Cory , for the hunting party , good job we had foraged sausages , bacon etc , or we would have starved !

Teabee, wins pitching furthest away from the group ! Sensible man , your own honey was a real treat , and is it ok for a veggie to eat fried bread ?

More to follow ....

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Well not only did this :newbie: survive it, but I had the time of my life. Kev hasn't stopped telling his wife about it either in the hope she won't grumble when her contractions are 6 minutes apart and he's stood at the door with his backpack on heading for the RV :p.

The ales were superb as was the company, but now I've been broken in maybe we should have a prize for the most gullible newbie from now on (cheers for that Al goodjob).
There may be no embarassing photos of you big boy but I can use photoshop!

Can't wait for next meet guys.

(Video on it's way)

Arry

Dec 11, 2011
Eastleigh Hants
Arry cheers for , naming the boss and keeping her entertained , also for hand carving my new house name plate ( Farcome Hall ) also for winning most brandy consumed at any meet ! Although you didn't drink it all i may add.
You need to do some gym work as the amount of time you requred help getting the lid off all of those bottles , was silly ,

Ivan .. thank you for all your kind comments. It was a pleasure. LET'S DO IT AGAIN

May I apologise for errors on the "new house name plate" - I have since been told that there's no 'F' in Hall.

In respect of the gym work I think I am sorted. Icky, that 'mine of information', has imparted to me the Secret Ancient Chinese Art of QQ, which was once taught to him by a Chinese teacher friend. He said he regularly uses QQ and this helps strengthen his arms, wrist and hand muscles. I might give it a go. The clever old sod also said that the money not spent on going to the gym, could be used to buy brandy at the next meet, such that I could demonstrate to all those that kindly assisted me this time, that QQ has improved my 'bottle opening' skills.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Ok, part 3 Buswhacker graced us with his prescence ( gave up football management for the w/e , and his team won ! ) He also brought with him the new camp Dartmoor mascot , in the shape of The Bear ! an enormous brute of a ferret ( still smell him now ! ) provided much entertainment , thanks pal , good to see you and roll on the cider festival , think you may have invited too many , better clear the front lawn .

Steve Marvell , managed to find a bit of valuable kick back time too, missed too many mate , liked it that much took daughter home then drove all the way back for some more punishment , well done !

Alistair, couldn't make the weekend , but popped in for the whole day on Thursday to build a camp throne for me , material kindly sponsored by Paul Webster , who along with Talia made a break of it , another poor victim of Arry's weak bottle opening wrist ! But at least tested the throne fully , thanks chaps .

Adam , unusually left Icky to mother me and was late ! But made up for it by making some lovely honeycomb from scratch , under his tarp ,the smell gave it away mate !

Foxy for being Foxy , and Badger ( camp recrd also 2 chairs ! ) managed to cease work for long enough to stay and enjoy a bit of Dartmoor sunshine Dusty had a laugh too

It was especially great to see Freddyfish , as he has not been top of form lately , but i think we had a giggle as usual eh James ? warmer bedding and thermals next time good to see you mate ( hope you gave that gorgeous wife of yours a kiss from me ! )

And well what about the girls ! Sophie , Talia and Katie , all had a great time together doing some girl bonding in the woods , lovely to see kids totally relaxed and enjoying themselves in that environment .

And Finally , those who couldn't make it , Nova and Pinky , Rick , Patrols , Joel , Darren and not forgetting lovely Lucy , bloody flu !

A massive thankyou , from the old grey fool xx

Ivan...

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
now where was i, the cider through me off. the weekend as usual was fantastic as always it was nice to catch up with steve and bushwhacker as it had been a while
ivan as always a pleasure matey, and nice to see katie as well, some newbies decided to brave the moors richie & kev nice guys we will see you at the next one
will put some pics up soon regards dave:You_Rock_

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
The 'Bear'. In all fairness, quite a wiffy bear too.
CEusr.jpg

One of Ivans friends,
ornithologist and general gent spent an hour or so chatting and showing us various native uk birds.
Really enjoyed that.
frpke.jpg

Ooo, there's a healthy collection somewhere! Been there, still got the t-shirt LoL!
There may be no embarassing photos of you big boy but I can use photoshop!

I'll say no more than~ you are very welcome pal. Glad you had a good 'un :)
Thankyou very much mate for going to all that trouble with the birthday cake.

Last edited:

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
all these pictures that weather and the great time you guys had has made me realise that selling your kids for slave labour IS a worthwhile cause......any takers... will throw in the mother as well for free

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Wheres my hedge cutting/laying branch dragging , fire feeding assistant ? I am sweating my cobs off ! twice as much rubbish on the other side , could you be down in about an hour ?

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
I'm not falling for it twice. The first time you said you were gonna fix me up with Laura and I was supposed to drag her off -then it turned out to be laurel, ya lying ratbag! A pair of dirty great 25 foot laurel hedges the size of a plantation, you cut and I have to drag them away. I'm hoping the scars will heal one day.

So I'm sitting in the garden, soaking up the sun and sipping sangria. Getting out of my deckchair is much too energetic. :lmao:

I feel for you mate.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE