Dartmoor 6 " The Great Moorland Bake Off "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hello peep's, just to let e all know that Adam ,Skate, Teabee and myself won't be around this weekend , as we are doing a bit of camping , walking, birch tapping , shooting , eating and drinking , so we won't be around to reply to anything , it's not that we are being rude and there are certain members that don't like it when we go quiet .

Hopefully pics and maybe a video of our exploits , just to whet the appetite of the impending gathering , it appears that some just can't wait !

So if you don't mind keeping an eye on the place , you know put the cat out , make sure you turn the lights off , oh and if you get five minutes push the hoover round .

Thanks The Boys .

Ps if you are good , we might even bring you back something nice .

Don't listen to a word he says. He won't bring you anything back...well, anything nice.

I think it's about time we had a chip in for Ivan, so he can buy his own damn camera, or at least a couple batteries and SD cards, to use in mine. I have important things to document on these meets/outings. Also, I find it totally unfair, that I be made to lug around all the AV equipment, all by my lonesome. :p

Rant over...As you were...

Better get the tapping kit out ready.

Here's a few pics from the GMBO shakedown weekend 9th-11th

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi ivan me and the big labowski and little labowski are coming on friday early evening save my spot for me please regards dave:lmao:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice few shots there Adam, good little warm up meet just to prepare ourselves ! Apart from the dog and squirrel incident , which is going to make a great fireside story ( with a little poetic licsense from me ! )

Great news that the little lebowski will be attending .

Dave , consider your spot reserved , and could someone tell Jon and Cory that their little spot is saved for them also , cheers .

Really looking forward to this one , just got to get the little matter of 52 ! cadets coming to camp this Saturday ! and the catering ! oh well good grounding and of course and i am not flapping a bit !!

Ivan...

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
Hey Ivan,

Due to other commitments I won't be able to join you all next weekend, hope the weather is kind and I am sure you will all have a great time.
And I will look forward to looking at all the pictures.

Patrols

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Patrols , thats a shame bud , never mind there will be other dates to look out for , and some of the other places i discussed with you previously , throughout the summer .

See you soon , thanks for letting me know .

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Ok ! Mr Savage , i am a little worried about the other " nothing special " video to come , i sincerely hope it's not the one of me hunting , you bad man ....

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well apologies everyone , who had to endure , probably the worst video i have filmed , and well done Adam on the editing front , i think your work there stopped many falling asleep ! Still we had a great time and like all film makers some are box office flops , this one should have gone straight to DVD , or the bin ! ( note to self , must try harder ! )

Thanks lads , great weekend .

Ivan...

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
It is with great regret that I will not be able to attend the weekend afterall.
I accepted a photography booking last October and didn't put the bugger in my Outlook calendar. I wasn't the happiest bunny when they called today to confirm and I've been unable to get anyone else to cover.

I've been looking forward to this for a while and the anticipation has kept me sane while SWMBO'd constantly adds to my "job list" at home.
I look forward to making the next one for sure.

Rich

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Sorry to here that Rich , but work is work , as you say there will be other gatherings , as soon as you get the faintest whiff of one put it in your diary pal.

I have the biggest test of my hosting career tomorrow , i have 52 Air Cadets walking across Dartmoor to my place , as part of their Ten Tors training , and they want feeding ! Fortunately Mr Newman is coming to help me down from the tree, like the gibbering wreck i will be and to tell me " There , there,it's all going to be allright " Not that i am worried one little bit , anyway off up the woods to wait their arrival !! They start arriving at 4.00pm tommorow !

Ivan...

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Damn shame that Rich can't make it. I, for one, was looking forward to meeting him.

Oh well. Every cloud has a silver lining. You can put the horse's head trophy skull back up now.

Should I encourage the Wilsons to come down from the trees? Answers on a postcard.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Ah, now, 10 tors is something I'd like to discuss. A few of my mates' boys are doing their training next week and I reckon they're going to be somewhere close to your site at some point Ivan. I have full backing from their fathers to go sh!t 'em up in the night as they are currently grounded (except for 10 tors) for being naughty and it would be nice to show them that even on Dartmoor they still can't escape the watchful eye.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE