WebTex Survival Pure water purification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Hi all

Nice to be back and able to post again, been off for like ages, hope you are all well.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of using this device which fits a standard plastic water canteen?. It claims to "Filter up to 1600 Litres of Water! - Equivalent to 12 glasses a day for a year".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Web-tex-Surv.../dp/B002JTQ5JA

Some reviews say that it is fantastic while some others say the system needs too much suck pressure to gain a drink, also that the rubber seal around the cap has to be tightened way too tight to actually gain a good seal.

Comments on other devices for out in the wilds would be greatfully accepted.

Bushtucker

Jock

Forager
Feb 26, 2009
East Kilbride
I've got one & I think its good, makes any water taste OK
Haven't had any issues with getting a drink out of it
Managed to freeze it solid & it didn't burst so its quite robust
No leaks from the seal either

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Yep got one too, n it gets my vote. I have used it everywhere i have been and in varing degrees of turbid water and have not come down with anything yet.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Think you might find the £4 is just a water filter - like a Brita type - as opposed to the Drinksafe (and similar others) which filter out chemicals, sediment, and bacteria etc. They are worlds apart.....

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Thanks for your replies, but can these other options do the same as in fill it with manky puddle water or **** infested lake water and still be safe to drink???

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Ive had a few things by Webtex that the quality of the product was less than "advertised". Some of there gear I would take a chance on....but not water. My health is far too important for that!

D

DavidBFPO

hello,
Very true. I bought a number of years ago a Filopur stirrup pump. This consisted of a ABS plastic
filter disc with pump, comapct zip case, fitted in your pocket or web pouch, this was issued to
the Swiss Civil Defence (tried & tested). Excellent piece of kit & the Filopur name says it all.
Used this on operational & exercise duties as well as TGO (The Great Outdoors) general use.
Might be worth contacting Filopur sales for details of their products http://filopur.com/
Regards
David
Ive had a few things by Webtex that the quality of the product was less than "advertised". Some of there gear I would take a chance on....but not water. My health is far too important for that!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE