Dual Survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
he's also a serious linguist, and has written a book about learning languages fast. not a dumbut by any means.

cheers, and.

tinderbox

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
East Lothian
I like both the shows,

I have been following Dave C for a while now, I was a student on the Virtual Classroom Way before Discovery...
The only thing i didn't like was on an episode od Dual Survival when Dave made a water filter out of Cancer Stick Butts....... I come on what was he thinking....

No he didn't. A butt is the remains of a used cigarette, what he used was a clean unused cigarette filter which is just acetate, and is perfectly fine for filtering water. The problem was he didn't disinfect the water, but filtered only is better than unfiltered water.

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
I really enjoy Duel Survival! I like the constant clash between primative and modern! I love it when Dave turns his nose up a something Cody says then has completely turn around n it when he realises Cody was right the whole time! HA HA HA! Doesn't happen to often but in one episode in particular it happens a few times!

As for Man, Woman, Wild I did enjoy it but I always thought that the guy was a bit of a plank! Until I found out he was a 6th dan in aikido! Then for some reason I started to enjoy it more!?

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
Did I miss it? Has it been shown recently (in the UK). I really liked the series I saw last year. TV fluff, I know, but something appealed more than a lot (though not more than Mr Mears, obviously). What series was the last one shown, and anyone know where it can be viewed online?

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Just started watching this, love it! being a bit of a dirty hippy myself i think cody is great hes like a big cuddly bear with a very soft and easy approach tae things and i reckon morale would always be higher with him around. Dave cantebury seems great and i like his youtube vids but in this he just seems tae come across as wanting tae prove himself as alpha male which does my head in

watched both seasons of man woman wild with the missus, we both loved it more for the comedy factor than acually learning anything :lmao:

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I cannot watch it, the 'mood setting' music and the constant camera cut ins and cut aways give me a headache. I used to watch Dave Canterbury's Youtube videos a few years back, I enjoyed most of those.

Wolfmanuk

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2012
Leeds
The episode where Dave cut himself and tried to seal the wound with a black powder burn!!

No that's f'ing Stupid!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE