Northern east England February 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Ah so this is where everyone is I thought the NE bit was rather quiet.

Re the picky, You guys been out bimbling again already? or is this another Merry photoshop special :goodjob:

@ Orric, you've got a voicemail on the house phone from a week or two ago just remembered if you don't use the landline much you may not have known it was there / listened to it. :confused:
I'll stick my name down for Feb as well, not sure about the hillwalking though, just about recovered from the last bimble ;)

@Merry I've kept some holls back in the hope we'd get a leaving camp in for you I can do an overnight on the nights of 10,11,12,13,14,15,(will have to leave early on the 16th) 18,19 as long as this "Man Flu" doesn't finish me off &
the builders finish the flood defence work to the house tomorrow & it's not another wasted afternoon off!!! :(
You get sorted with the van hire / removal lot yet? Giz a shout if you need a hand.

@Andy, just wait till they need something heavy lifting round camp eh??, like a log off their heads :lmao:

@Jamie, sorry to hear about your pin, you packed in the tabs like that consultant told you to help the healing? :pokenest:

Sure I left my coat round here somewhere too.

Last edited:

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Van the Man,

I could do 14/15. Would be nice to see Brockers one last time, sniff. You good with that? Just wondering, seeing as its fairly cold now, if you put a sleeping bag under your sleeping mat in between the layers of your hammock, would that work as an underquilt? Would the sleeping mat distribute the weight on top of the bag so the bag is not crushed to the point of being useless?

I decided it would be wrong of me to try to get you to drive the gear down so I think I booked a removal firm. I am waiting on confirmation. Bloody expensive though. Although I am moving I will be keeping a keen eye on this section of the forum and if I can make it to any of the outings I will.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
It would still compress mate, your best bet would be to tie some cord to either end and tie it under the hammock

Brockwell sounds like a plan to me

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
It would still compress mate, your best bet would be to tie some cord to either end and tie it under the hammock

Brockwell sounds like a plan to me

Ah right, might do same as March and bring Tarp as an underhammock and put the sleeping bag in it. Fitting it in the rucksack is the issue. Ah, I'll check it out later. So 14/15th is good for you?

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Good dates for me too, hopefully I should have shifted this man flu by then Grrr

Depending on ice and snow I may be seeking advice for public transport from you Merry, as I don't use the motorbike in those conditions, but may be able to sort the return journey depending on times.

Merry you going to post this up in the north east section to & in the bimblers, it is your leaving party after all :)

Last edited:

beerngrills70

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2011
Newcastle upon tyne
Just like to apologies to some members for not being on top form on the 25th early sat morning after half a bottle of rum :) Me and 2 friends stayed the night at area 5 at brockwell and spoke to the guy with the og plce burgan and a pirates limp :D . He asked for my name on here but i couldn't remember it .So here i am . I was wearing the mtp smock . And had a nice hung over chat with a gent carrying a camera .Was nice to meet you so briefly and hope we can some other sober time :)

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
Just like to apologies to some members for not being on top form on the 25th early sat morning after half a bottle of rum :) Me and 2 friends stayed the night at area 5 at brockwell and spoke to the guy with the og plce burgan and a pirates limp :D . He asked for my name on here but i couldn't remember it .So here i am . I was wearing the mtp smock . And had a nice hung over chat with a gent carrying a camera .Was nice to meet you so briefly and hope we can some other sober time :)

allo mate, i be the pirate :)

beerngrills70

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2011
Newcastle upon tyne
Well it was nice to meet some members from here and hope your leg mends fully ;) . And sorry for not being fully corpus mantis that morning due to an ex marine sniper giving me rum while i was at my weakest the night before . Hopfuly we will bump in to each other again as we are thinking about doing the same once a month .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE