Going to the woods...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Going up the woods soon (Troserch), any wild foods I will be able to forage, as I do not visit the forest much, only the coast...

There is a river there, but not much activity...

Thanks.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I dont know what you would find. It is sort of near me [i presume troserch near llangennath end of m4], we could join you for a few hours i suppose. i have never been there, but it looks a nice wood for spring bimble.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
I dont know what you would find. It is sort of near me [i presume troserch near llangennath end of m4], we could join you for a few hours i suppose. i have never been there, but it looks a nice wood for spring bimble.

Yes near Cwm I call it, Cwm Gotre Wen the real name is I think, only woods near here, mate!

I'm going to try to build a shelter with a bed, as I've never built this type, only lean-to and a-frame...

winst0nsmith

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
South West Wales
Try this for research..

http://pfaf.org/user/plantsearch.aspx

Salad options at this time of year include dandilion, nettle (blanch very slightly to loose sting), sorrell, cleavers, pennywort and gorse flowers just off the top of my head but I'm only learning still. The best bet is to take up the offer from a well experienced forager like Fi (xylaria) and check out the excellent website in her sig.

PS any chance I could tag along? Happy to pay Fi's fee ;)

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Try this for research..

http://pfaf.org/user/plantsearch.aspx

Salad options at this time of year include dandilion, nettle (blanch very slightly to loose sting), sorrell, cleavers, pennywort and gorse flowers just off the top of my head but I'm only learning still. The best bet is to take up the offer from a well experienced forager like Fi (xylaria) and check out the excellent website in her sig.

PS any chance I could tag along? Happy to pay Fi's fee ;)

Yes what you have named I also know of too, but not cleavers...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE