Darkside or just Heavy Weight Bushcrafting?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Not sure if I've gone across to the darkside but we've just bought a VW T4 as a long term conversion project, won't stop me doing multiday lightweight backpacking but makes basecamps a lot more comfortable, especially with baby due imminently. Going to pick it up beginning of March, had limited work done already with insulation and some electrics but otherwise untouched, being a long wheel based high top should be plenty of room to play.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Sold my t4 last year and from the second it went i missed it. It had 269,000 miles and was the best driving motor ive ever had. Now on the looknout for another one.

My baby before she went
photo.jpg

Last edited:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Sold my t4 last year and from the second it went i missed it. It had 269,000 miles and was the best driving motor ive ever had. Now on the looknout for another one.

My baby before she went
photo.jpg

Nice van, I'll take some pics when I pick it up although it won't be as shiny as that for a little while :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just another side of the same coin, and yet more kit!
I have different hills kit, bushy hammock kit, bush tent kit, glamping kit etc, righ tools for the right job.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
just found this so sorry for the resurrection. Had a T4 myself which I converted into a surf wagon. Put nearly 200,000 miles on her without skipping a beat. Regret selling it now so on the look out for another. TECHNICALLY you can rig a hammock inside the back so thats good enough to be called "bushcrafting" to me ;) nowt soft about that...real men sleep in hammocks!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A wise man once said "Any fool can be uncomfortable!"
Vans make life more comfortable and you can use them as the Old Time Bushcrafters used mule trains - to get your gear closer to where you want it - with less personal effort andmore comfort :)
Side trips a la ultra light weight are then a doddle :)

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Exactly the reason I bought my Hyandai Santa Fe 4x4, which has been superb so far!

In my 'advancing' years comfort seems to be more and more of an issue....... but I'm not fighting it!!! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE