Typical my workshop roof is leaking.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I cant even see where from !The felt is all intact and i put tyvek below that ,it is blowing a gale as well :( the only way i can see it is getting in is under the wooden strap to hold the felt in place ,Any ideas for a quick fix ?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hard to tell without seeing it mate.

Sounds like the wind is blowing it where it doesnt normally go. Have you gobbed up under the felting batten? You'll need some black roof and gutter sealant to do it if you haven't got.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Screwfix sell a wonder paint thing - really gunky with fibres in it, which claims to be paintable even when wet. I've used it with some success on a felt roof.

Yeah, the grey acrylic stuff is good. Ive done 6 rooves with it now at work. I did one 10 years ago for my family and it looks brand new still, with no leaks.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Yeah, the grey acrylic stuff is good. Ive done 6 rooves with it now at work. I did one 10 years ago for my family and it looks brand new still, with no leaks.

What is it called buddy ? i think that the wind is maybe blowing the rain up where it does not normally go and the roof is a pent style!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Its a great fix if you have multiple holes and the covering is past its best.
The last stuff I used was Acrypol, but most are very similar. Its an acrylic paint, reinforced with hairs to stop it cracking with movement. The 'Special formulation for application in the wet' is bumf-the resin used does that for all of em.

Any good builders merchant should stock it, but expect to pay well. The brand I used last is out of business now-typical for my trade, but I've used Acrypol before.

The roofing superstore is doing 5kg for £25-thats a good price to me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE