1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
Dave
Last Activity:
Apr 15, 2018 at 9:44 PM
A Career is a 20th Century Invention!

Share This Page

Dave

Hill Dweller, from Brigantia

Dave was last seen:
Apr 15, 2018
    1. santaman2000
      santaman2000
      Curious, I only had 20 messages (have since deleted one)
    2. Twodogs
      Twodogs
      Dave Empty your inbox
    3. knifefan
      knifefan
      Your in-box is now full mate :D Need to thin a few out!!
    4. Raysan
      Raysan
      i can't reply to to your pm because your pm box is full!
      clear some space mate:)
    5. Dave
    6. Dave
      Dave
      Hello! Youre Welcome.

I did not translate the 365 series. That was done by Oppio. On the youtube link I posted.

I translated his Canada trip though.
      Took about 4-5 hours! Just using Google Translator.
      I found the Norwegian .srt file, then I fed it line by line into Google translator.

I also downloaded a free piece of software called Subtitle workshop. [Which is very easy to use. Self explanatory.]

And created an .srt file. [In English]

I do not speak Norwegian, and Google Translator is not a very good tool for this.

And there are a number of mistakes in the subtitles I posted for his Canada trip. [Especially toward the last half hour.]

But it made it watchable. Which was all I was aiming for.

With a bit of time and patience, I think anyone could do it.

I too, would love to watch the : På.Tur.Med.Lars.Monsen.2005.

But I feel Ive already done my bit by translating the whole Canada series!

;0)

If you find anyone who has done it. Please let me know.

Cheers

Dave.
    7. tetra_neon
      tetra_neon
      Hi there. I recently discovered Lars Monsen and watched his Canada + 365 series - thanks very much for the subtitles for those!

I don't know if you knew about it already but there's also another series of his available on Bit Torrent. I believe it's him travelling through Norway with lots of fishing and talking to locals.

The Torrent file name is: På.Tur.Med.Lars.Monsen.2005.Norwegian.DVDrip.Royskatt

I was just wondering how you got the translations for the Canada series because I've searched and can't find them.
  • About

A Career is a 20th Century Invention!
    Outdoor Activity:
    Stuff
    Middle aged, getting fatter, losing the plot

Signature

The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as civilisation, when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement.

Tacitus. The Agricola