1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Corso
none

Share This Page

1. joguy
      joguy
      Your inbox is full mate
      have been trying to contact you over your bundle of kit
      guy
    2. shack
      shack
      thought I'd plonk It here rather than on the thread, you were coming across a little touchy, no offence meant and re read my posts can't see how you might have got miffed? Okay I'll check who starts the threads before I do that again!
      I can only go off my experiences and those I talk to, nobody seems to mind a bump to the top of the listings, but take your point about getting a bleep and hoping you have a bite.
      Have a good day and I hope you get what you want for your bag.
      Andy
    3. Samon
      Samon
      Your inbox is full mate! and my knives arrived today. They'll come in handy!

Cheers mate, do let us know when your bit arrives. :)

Cheers
    4. Xunil
      Xunil
      Glad you like it - I made it myself, hence the comment "I also often use the Damascus and Cocobolo mini-hatchet I forged for my longbow making"

It's layers of 1080 and L6 so there is no low carbon anywhere at the edge and both steel are fully heat treated unlike many combinations of steel in Damascus.

I made it a few years ago now purely for roughing out longbows and for using single handed as a sort of hand plane for taking the longbow stave close to finished dimensions, where I go over to a Nicholson rasp, spokeshave and scrapers to finish the bow with.

It has a slightly bit heavy balance which is not ideal for a 'proper' hatchet or axe since it knocks the balance slightly out of whack, but it is exactly how I wanted it to be for how I work staves down.

I get asked about it a lot which (I hope) is a good sign :)

They are cost prohibitive and pretty tough to make by hand and I only did it to show that I can :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your interest :D
  • About

none
    Outdoor Activity:
    none