Yucca in the UK? looking for a few leaves...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
i'm currently expanding one of my articles in hopes of getting it into the Bushcraft Magazine. through an internet search, i see that some yuccas can be propagated in English gardens (Yucca gloriosa, Y. whipplei, etc.). are there any wild yuccas in the UK? can i pay someone to send my a couple yucca leaves (i would need to know which yucca they come from) so that i can process the fibers? cultivated yuccas are okay as well (but i have more Yucca whipplei and Yucca brevifolia growing around me than i could ever use). thank you!

leon-1

storm said:
i'm currently expanding one of my articles in hopes of getting it into the Bushcraft Magazine. through an internet search, i see that some yuccas can be propagated in English gardens (Yucca gloriosa, Y. whipplei, etc.). are there any wild yuccas in the UK? can i pay someone to send my a couple yucca leaves (i would need to know which yucca they come from) so that i can process the fibers? cultivated yuccas are okay as well (but i have more Yucca whipplei and Yucca brevifolia growing around me than i could ever use). thank you!

Storm I don't think that we have truly native yucca in the UK, as you say we do have a number of plants that have been propogated. We do have palm trees here (the victorians imported a number of plants that they then planted in common coastal holiday areas).

I live in the South West of England (Torbay) and we have a number of plants that you would probably be more familiar with the names and uses than I. The next time I get a chance I will try and get you some pictures of the local plant life.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE