WS Woodlore Micarta

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Day 2 with my new WS Woodlore Micarta.
Started with the blade shaving sharp.
Tidied up my permanent hide ,chopping small branch's and the weight really helped the small blade.

397_9778_a.jpg

Breasted this pigeon with ease and found the knife quite capable for more delicate tasks.

397_9785_a.jpg

Rounded off the morning with a spot of batoning ,whittling and a few fire sticks.

397_9796_a.jpg

Knife was still shaving sharp.

It's a pity Woodlore don't supply a sheath with a pocket for a firesteel with the knife instead of as an expensive optional extra.
Apart from that i can't really fault it.
So far this year i've bought around 30 different knives and this is quite possibly the most impressive.

rapidboy

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
RapidBoy,

To carry your firesteel you can whip the lower part of the sheath with paracord or similar, then make a "ranger band" from a short bit of bicycle inner tube, which you place over the whipped cord. The firesteel then is pushed between the cord and the rubber.

I saw this done by an assisting instructor on my bushcraft course and have stsrted using this method myself.

Dave

PS - That looks more like a beretta than a rapid to me!

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
It's a 12 but the 20's are beautiful.
Shotguns aren't really my thing but pigeons on the wing are a :***: with a rapid7. :yikes: :***: :banghead: :wink: :eek:):

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I USED to shoot with a 20ga untill SWMBO decided I was a murderer. :nono: I'm almost a :***:ing buddist now. The only things I'm allowed to kill are the rats in her stables,and thats only if she dosent see.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE