Worldwild First tracks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Hi Guys,
I have recently returned from a weekend in Cornwall where I was able to take part in this course. Since then I have been trying to work out how I could post a review and do it justice, so here goes possibly the worlds shortest review!

Details of First tracks course

As the details are included in the link I will not dwell on the content of the course.

Location. The course was held on an organic farm that I expect many in the Cornwall area will be familiar with. It consisted of areas of broadleaf woodland separated by mainly pasture all hedged with a great bio-diversity. Camping was on site with plenty of space for hammocks, ground dwellers under tarps or traditional tents.

On arrival I was greeted by Rhoda and Angie and instantly felt welcome. At the site I was introduced to the other students that had arrived and also to Justin who is living proof that man needs no other food than sausage ;)
At this point I was very pleased to see water boiling on the fire and a large supply of teabags to feed my tea addiction! This water stayed hot all weekend and unfortunately for my waistline the biccies were plentiful too.

Instruction. The quality of the instruction was first class. There is nothing better than being taught by someone with a high level of knowledge a passion for passing it on and above all a great sense of humour (topics covered are listed on the link above).

I personally gained a great deal in the weekend, both regarding tracking and also about myself too.

Learning points.
1) Pork pies run wild in Cornwall and are too smart to be snared they can however be hunted by catapult.
2) If someone hands you a stick and says sniff this make sure you don't get what ever it is on the end of your nose.
3) The smaller an animal is the cuter it is, it also has to have an 'ie' put on the end of the name eg froggie.
4) There was something with kittens and chocolate as well, but I forget that one ;)

I think in summary i would say that it was an informative chilled learning experience. Would I do the course again knowing what I do now? too right, infact after the experience I am confident that any course run by Worldwild would be carried out in an utterly professional way and I am busy trying to work out what i can do next!

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend what it was.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers
Louis

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Women's minds are full of kittens and chocolate Louis, how could you forget that most important piece of information! :lmao:
Thanks for being such a keen and enthusiastic student by the way, a pleasure to teach! :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Missed this first time round.

Looks like a great course Louis, I've heard lots of good things about Rhoda teachings it's just a shame she's so far away for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE