Workmens clothing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Today I was working outside all day in sub zero tempuratre, doing some demolition work prior to a new extension. I was wearing normal kecks, long johns, flecktarn trousers, cotton T shirt, wool Moac shirt, battered tweed jacket and thinsulate hat, wolverine steelie boots with no laces in. And I was comfortably warm all day apart from I should of added a muffler or scarf. And I started to think about traditional working mens clothing, and suddenly realised how practical it was. Depending on the conditions you can adjust it in all manner of ways. If its hot, just trousers with open neck shirt and sleeves rolled up, as it gets cooler, add vest, shut collar, add waistcoat, sleeves down, add hat, muffler, add jacket, add long johns. Waistcoat can be open, part buttoned full buttoned, same with jacket, add hessian sacking iif its raining:D Theres all sorts of permutations to suit personal preference and prevalent conditions. Maybe the traditional working mans clothing that evolved wasnt as random and arbitrary as I imagined (and of course wouldnt be complete without clogs or hob nail boots:lmao: )

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Always worth a look at some of that gear. I've got a waterproof jacket, handwarmer pockets, hood, reflective stripes, weatherproof front zip etc: etc: same thing in the posh yacht shop but with a fancy label, is 3 times the price.!! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE