woodland campsites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Has anyone tried this place http://www.bushcraftadventures.com/bushcamp.html if so could you give some feedback Re you experience
secondly if its as good as it looks would.nt it make a great place to get together and put faces to names, hammock up or camp for a weekend and enjoy the outdoors as a group what do you think, anyone got any other ideas of a get together location for like minded people to share ideas and opinions as well as enjoy the outdoor life

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
There have been quite a few folks mention this place in previous threads so you could hit the search funtion and trawl through whats been said already.
Hope that helps,litefoot.

JDCP

Nov 2, 2005
South Staffordshire
Woodstock,
I used this place a while back. It's good. The chap who owns the woodland is quite easy going and approachable. I only stopped for one night due to time constraints, but will visit again sometime.
The location is a little hard to find, and is situated away from main roads via a small lane/track in farmland. The woodland isn't that large itself (but there's a fair bit to walk about in). The area is split in two, a place for people to set up camp (its got pre-made areas for fires, and you pay ~£5 for a wheelbarrow full of firewood). You are not allowed to collect wood from the floor as it's counter-productive for the wildlife. There are rudimentary facilities-toilets & shower...very basic. The second much larger part of the site is given over to courses, you can wander around there, but can't camp in it. There's a teepee and a ?Lavu? permenantly set up, and these may be hired.
The site is close to good walking country, the Black Mountains aren't far, There's a pub close by.

Regards.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE