Wildo stove VS Frontier. any opinons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
It's for shed use and car camping in a big frame tent, so weight isn't an issue, nor is portability.

I like the big flat top of the wildo stove, and its 'utilitarian' look. There are lots of hinges and joints on the Frontier.

What diameter is the chimney on the Wildo?

Any reviews / opinions / other things I might not have noticed?

Thanks

Oh, yes, I've had a search, but was hoping to collate firsthand experiences in one place.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
3" on the Wildo, less prone to tarring up, its heavier metal so with a raised base I can burn coal which is not something I'd try with the Frontier and more cooking space. The Frontier is more portable though.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Im giving my new wildo its first burn, to get the paint cured / burnt off. Have flung an old file in there to anneal too. Waste not, want not eh?

Now,anyone know where i can get hold of a flashing kit for tent and / or shed?

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
a3ere3eq.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Im giving my new wildo its first burn, to get the paint cured / burnt off. Have flung an old file in there to anneal too. Waste not, want not eh?

Now,anyone know where i can get hold of a flashing kit for tent and / or shed?

Anchor supplies were selling the arctic tent stove jacks on eBay recently, got one installed in my hot tent by bilmo

BerettaBoy

Apr 21, 2014
Hertfordshire
Hi

Does anyone know what size flue you need for the wildo if you are making a custom exhaust? I read that the jetex 3 inch is too small. Any advice?

Thank you

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE