Wild Wood - 8pm this evening

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
8pm - tonight Wild Wood BBC 2

An ancient oak wood in the heart of England, as full of beauty and drama as anywhere on earth. Philippa Forrester spends a year witnessing it's secret life - the sparrow hawk terrorising blue tits, fox cubs learning to stalk rabbits and a buzzard looking for love.

Followed by New forest Adders 8:50 - 9pm (only 10 minutes sadly

The New Forest is one of the few places in Britain where you can find all six of the UK's reptile species living together. Three lizards and three different snakes make up the New forest six. But the leader of the pack has to be the infamous adder.

This film offers a rare insight into the life of the adder, following them and the other reptiles through a typical season. The male adders emerge early in the year in this stunning setting. They soon shed their dull winter coat, reveal their bright spring colours, and then they are ready to find a mate.

When the females emerge later in the season the males are driven into a frenzy. They wrestle to settle disputes, producing one of the most amazing and rarely seen wildlife spectacles... the adders dance.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i'm watching wild wood tonight
do you know of any other bushcrafty, nature programmes that are on
not just today any day
i have got sky
leon

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I have seen this before, its the woods near where Phillipa grew up. Good programme.
Is this one a repeat or a new update ?....................Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE