Wild Country : scout bivi bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Sorry willie, I did look them up on the web and have a nose but I've never seen one in the flesh or used one so I couldn't tell you what they are like.

I'd still say you can't go far wrong with an ex-british army olive green one....available from Evil-Bay for about £20....

Sorry I can't help more Mate!

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
I have one, theyre cheap and fairly light, mine has proved to be impressively breathable, I sweat like a pig and have spent many nights over the years soaking wet in an orange survival bag, expected the same but to a lesser extent in the bivi bag but no probs at all with my old down bag in it. It isnt goretex and I havent used it in the pouring rain without some additional cover but I have no reason to doubt it should work just fine, most of the higher end generic goretex equivalents work fine IME and I have other Wild Country stuff that has been very good value for money and excellent quality.

Gripes....no mossy mesh, so its either all zipped up or open to the elements, pretty claustrophobic when its zipped up and hot and I could imagine real risk of suffocation, I cant use it zipped up. Maybe condensation from breathing would be worse if you sleep zipped in to it. How does everybody else do it?

Jason

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
P.S. Ive only used it half a dozen times in the 6 months Ive had it so cant speak of its long term durability, tbh I mostly use a small tent, particularly this time of year.

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE