Why can't I figure out how to upload a photo?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Lee

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2010
Deer Park, WA, USA
I've looked at the FAQ and thought I could figure it out but don't seem able to find the "Picture and Album" to get started. I am not a computer person but this isn't supposed to be nuclear physics. Assume I'm blind, illiterate and American and point me in the right direction please. :thankyou:

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've only used Photobucket but it's fairly straight forward ...

1. Create a free http://photobucket.com/ account.

2. Once you've done that create an album within p'bucket.

3. Click on upload

4. Browse to where your photos are stored on your PC and hit upload.

5. Once they've uploaded and you've saved them you'll be shown thumbnail images of them on your album.

6. Right click on the IMG code under the picture you want, go to your BCUK thread and right click and paste it in.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've looked at the FAQ and thought I could figure it out but don't seem able to find the "Picture and Album" to get started. I am not a computer person but this isn't supposed to be nuclear physics. Assume I'm blind, illiterate and American and point me in the right direction please. :thankyou:

I know exactly how you feel, it defeat's me every time, no matter how much people try to explain it.

Rob

John Lee

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2010
Deer Park, WA, USA
I know exactly how you feel, it defeat's me every time, no matter how much people try to explain it.

Rob
Rob,
I have this theory that when I encounter something to do with computers, electronics or instruction manuals my brain short circuits and goes into neanderthal mode.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
HAH !, i thought about catching a teenager & and keeping it in a box by the computer, just for emergencies such as this.

Rob

John Lee

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2010
Deer Park, WA, USA
Brilliant idea. I think I'll try to catch an 18 year-old girl from the Czech Republic. Do you know the conversion rate? Will I need any special foods? She can load my photos and I can teach her the only ten words she'll need to know. For example, "yes John, you're right John, another beer my manly man."

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Looked promising but my photo was too large. Thank you for your help anyway.
With Photobucket, when you right-click over the image you want, you should get the option of either "Thumbnail", "For Web Forums", "Full Size" or "Email Attachments"

...Guess which one you'll need?

;)

Ogri the trog

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Hello to any Czeck girls this is what your letting yourself in for :-
John.jpg

Hi John I just loaded your e-mail photo(4000 x 3000) to Photobucket
and posted [***]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j274/QDanT/John.jpg[/IMG] the first three *** should be IMG
cheers Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE