Where to shoot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I just bought a lovely new AA S400 n all the trimmings a couple of months back, but I was let down by the land owner who was going to let me shoot on his land, last week. Bit dissapointed really, because I wanted to take my new rifle for a spin. Iv got other places coming up but I doubt I'l get along to them for a long time. Im looking for a place to shoot in the short term.

Where does everyone else go? Do you hand out cards through farm/landowners doors? What about shooting syndicates? Are there organisations you can pay to shoot on their land? Does anyone know eccentric or willing landowners that want rid of pests in the East Sussex area or nearby?

chars,

Sharp.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
I'd say check out your local FT or HFT club. Try www.ukahft.org.uk for a start. You can get some target practice in and you'll probably find friendly people who can give you some relevant local knowledge. Maybe you'll find a shooting buddy who'll take you out on his permission.

HTH

Rat

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Sadly shooting permission is notoriously hard to obtain and incredibly easy to lose. I am lucky enough to have never had to resort to knocking on doors but I know of others that have tried, largely unsuccessfully. The best single way I have found to increase your ground is by reputation which I know is a bit of a vicious circle as you obviously need ground to prove what you can do. My golden rules are never share shooting ground (god forbid if something goes wrong then you know who is to blame and only you can lose your shooting!) Never charge for your services and never lie about what you shoot (i.e. over inflate despatched pests to satisfy the landowner). I know this advice is not much help but having been controlling vermin for over 33 years this is my honest and informed reply :eek:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
When I was into shooting there was a club I joined for an annual subscription and they had permission to shoot on land all over the country. I can`t for the life of me remember what it was called but it was a system that worked really well.
You basically told the club where you wanted to go from the list available, then they would contact the land owner for you and let them know of your intentions. You had to give 3 days notice which I thought was fair. I went all over the country with work at that time and I found myself in some really good spots for shooting, even leading to a bit of culling work on some farms I`d visited.

Have a look in the airgun press and see if you can find any information, next time I`m at my folks house I`ll see if I can dig something out. I have a nice BSA Goldstar gathering dust up there to which I should retrieve one day.

Rich

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
When I was into shooting there was a club I joined for an annual subscription and they had permission to shoot on land all over the country. I can`t for the life of me remember what it was called but it was a system that worked really well.
You basically told the club where you wanted to go from the list available, then they would contact the land owner for you and let them know of your intentions. You had to give 3 days notice which I thought was fair. I went all over the country with work at that time and I found myself in some really good spots for shooting, even leading to a bit of culling work on some farms I`d visited.

Have a look in the airgun press and see if you can find any information, next time I`m at my folks house I`ll see if I can dig something out. I have a nice BSA Goldstar gathering dust up there to which I should retrieve one day.

Rich

Yerp, once I get some money in Im going to get insured and get up to a Sunday airgunning club not too far from me in Kent. There I can do some good old fashioned target practice, free from stupid blood circulation stopping slings and old sweatty gloves and hopefully get in with the old hairy bloaters up there n ask around about shooting permission.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE