whats wrong with Bcuk?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Adam,
Been away for a day or two :eek: So missed your original post, but I get the jist!
The direction of the forum is member-led, the topics, questions, answers are generated by the membership. The Mods and Admin, do just that - moderate and administrate, that is our role.
An awfull lot of time and money keeps BCUK on the net, trawling thru posts, making sure people behave, making sure our membership is not preyed upon by dishonest marketing, securing deals for everyones benefit, this on top of our hobby, jobs and family committments.
Personally, in a year where I have been thru more than most experience in a lifetime, the support and friendship I have experienced from folks here has been overwhelming and many of these people have been guys that I have perhaps only exchanged a handshake and a nod with, but they are are all fireside friends (they are the true the ones - as you will learn with time and experience).
Its very easy to "knock" something, - creating, maintaining and having a positive input into something requires a whole lot more. At the end of the day - its the same as TV if you don't like it -CHANGE CHANNELS!
Neil

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
What is wrong with BCUK?
The answer to that is all those group buys can you please stop them as If they carry on I could end up going bankrupt If I keep buying them. :lmao: :D

In all seriousness though thanks Tony for a great website and thanks to all the people who have put in their time and effort to make the group buys happen, and everyone else that have provided all the valuable information on here that have answered so many questions. :You_Rock_

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year. :) :grouphug:
Andrew.

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Problem is a forum is driven by it's contributors - if they want to talk kit they'll talk kit - if you want to talk technique then get posting :D as a wannabe bushcrafter I appreciate all information so the more posts the better :)

BUT

DON'T FALL OUT OVER IT :lmao:

Kane

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
maybe a weird comparision but think of the internet as the world,bushcraftuk is a small glade in this vast world wich is mostly tranquill and and next to a big flowing river.

in this river al kinds of flotsam (information) flows by,its your choice to pick out what fires your curiosity.

we all have this big thing about zero trace rules,so why try and cut alll the trees we dont like? or more in line with the comparision,why trash all the information that doesnt fit our taste,one mans trash is anothers gem.

in general i think theres a few important rules,

dont post in anger

dont post if you have no new angle to add (doesnt mean you have to know it all,good questions make people rethink the old trodden pathways anew)

be polite,were all here for fun and learning

best of wishes to all and enjoy 2006

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE