Whats In A Name?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dennis Mapletoft

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2005
MELTON MOWBRAY / Leics
I've been thinking, looking at all these nick names on here, should i get one? i have an urge for something rustic, you all got any ideas( nice ones please), who ever comes up with the best name gets a big kiss at christmas, well perhaps not Tantulas his beard might tickle, mind you ;) Yours Den :beerchug:

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Nice thought Dennis. The trouble is - if I could come up with something good I would have used it myself! Join the club of the unimaginative when it comes to choosing a name.

Anyway let me think on the hoof for a moment. Horses - suggests names like stallion, mule, gallop, trail.

How about Norse gods? Any Thor's about?

Names of useful plants or fungi? If I had a go again I might choose Elder - double meaning between seniority and my favorite useful bush.

Reminds me of a family who named all their children after parts to be found inside televisions and radios. Diode was one.

Yohny

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2005
Thanet, Kent
Some very good ideas put forward. I asked my wife the same question. I told her I wanted something close to nature & earthy. She suggested "SOD". I settled for Yohny instead! :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Dennis,
Why not try playing about with the name you have.
Dennis = sinneD
mapletoft (nice surname btw) = leftofmap
kind of thing
Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE