What size belts for my Landy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I want to replace the belts on my Landy. Trouble is I'm not that brilliant at engines and stuff - I know what I need to know but not much more....

The engine is a 3.5l Petrol V8, about 12 years old or so, taken from a new Range Rover at the time
Here's a pic or two.
DSC00324.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

There are two belts here. The left one I think goes round alternator, fan and another wheel at the bottom. The right one round the same spindle at the bottom and then off to the right. Is that the power steering belt?

My question is does anyone know what size and type of belts I need to replace them?
I've tried my local spares place but his book gave the wrong size:(

Can anyone help????

Mark

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Likely others here can be more precise. Had three LRs previously - I just dont learn from my mistakes!

However, from that time, learnt anything to do with LR - converted or otherwise, try Bat Fastard ( I know ) in Birmingham - very helpful and knowledgable - likely can sort you out in five mins on phone. Second line - Craddocks in Cannock.

Only direct tip I can give - once you've got it running, sell it and go for Toyota!:rolleyes:

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Glad it got sorted.

My size 9 well and truly in mouth as said Toyota entering second week at garage sorting steering, brakes and bearings. But then a certain persons sister drives like her brother! ( Buckshot will understand ):eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE