We're never going to get a summer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
SWMBO often comes home fuming because of people at work and the punters who say " Oh we're never going to get a summer this year" after one day of cloud or rain.No matter that it's been too damn hot for the previous few weeks.

What is it with us Brits?

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Nothing wrong, we just love complaining, it's a way of life, part of being British :D .

I've often thought that man's a fool
When it's hot he wants it cool
When it's cool he wants it hot
Always wanting what is not

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
I have Tant. The swallows here have being gathering on the phone lines for nearly two weeks now. Be a shame when they finally do fly off.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
The odd leaf falling, starting to get darker earlier and a freshness in the air of a evening that smells a bit like winter. Also seen alot of Gray Squrrials about so the rush is starting.

Us Irish are no better when it comes to moaning about the weather. There is a drop of rain today and people keeping saying that the summers gone with a misrable frown on their faces. I just smile and point how many shopping days they have left that really cheers them up :p

Roll on the winter and make it a cold one. :D

James

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
i'm a winter man aswell. think that's down to the pike fishing and the shooting seasons.

was sitting out in the garden lastnight at 1am. no motorway noise for a change, a nice moon and that lovely chill in the air.

i'm off to the lakes for a few days at the end of next week. this week is draaagging by.

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
Hah, I have a Spanish friend who finds the British attitudes to weather very odd. I remember one time he said, "You Brits are crazy; you get two weeks of sunshine a year, and when that finally comes you go off to another country!"

But yeah, I'd rather be cold than hot... and it has been far too hot a lot of the time, lately. I hope we're never going to get a summer!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE