Wenger Scout Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
looks good
good pocket knife to carry around day t day perhaps?

Hi Sam, I'm certainly going to carry it on all my Scout duties from now on. In my non Scouting life I tend to carry a Victorinox recruit (it's that little bit smaller at 84mm than the standard size knife and at two layers is nice and slim as well).

I took it over to our troop evening last night and all the other leaders were quite impressed and that included a couple with a lot more experience than me. The only down side of it was the price at £34.06 from Amazon. I did check the equivalent Wenger knifes but they are a similar price. The larger variant that you were looking at I decided to pass on as I have a 111mm Victorinox Forrester which really is my favourite folding knife and I felt the larger Wenger was a bit too similar so it would be repetition for the sake of it. Pricewise the nearest Victorinox seems to be the 91mm Hunter and that is considerably cheaper than the Wenger equivalent this is based on, but, of course I bought it as it is a Scout knife more than anything.

Cheers

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE