Wells-next-the-sea/Norfolk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 12, 2007
Canada
Good day all. Are there any bushcraft members that live in, or near Wells-next-the-sea/ Norfolk, or are familiar with the area? I have some bushcraft and general area questions if you wouldn't mind.
Thanks in advance.
Alex

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
can't help you I'm afraid, but I just wnt to say that I had the best ever beef stew in the world in a little cafe in Wells Next the Sea. Can't remember what it's called tho, so this won't help you...

EDIT: it's Nelsons tea and coffee shop. Well recommeded.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
My Grandparents live there and I spent many happy hours in the woods, searching for flint and samphire on the beach and whittling sticks.
I have some photos on my blog from about 18 months ago taken in the woods there -
Pinewoods Shelters
Birches

Nov 12, 2007
Canada
Hi,
used to live in the area & Wells was a favourite "playground". I'll try & answer any questions as best I can, if not I'm sure there are loads of others on here who could.
Cheers,
Labrador

Sorry for the delay in responding to my querry, just finished two 11 hr shifts back to back and I was zonked...
Anyway, as I will be passing through this area, I was wondering If there were any bushcrafty places that would be suitable for stealth camping. Having looked at the Ordnance Survey, I was wondering If amongst the dunes or near the salt marshes would be feasible. Failing that, maybe a small forested area that doesn't get too much foot traffic.
Cheers
Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE