Weihrauch HW97KT in .22 calibre

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
This Saturday I finally received my long awaited Weihrauch HW97KT in .22 calibre. This is the Marmite gun Extrodinaire. To me this rifle is something a little different and more than splendid. I’ve got back into airguns after a long break (and a pretend mid-life crisis! Heh heh) I'm a very keen forager, so this rifle is mainly to add goodies (legal ones) to the pot. I did have a BSA Meteor Mk1 which was fantastic, but not anywhere near the level of this German beauty.

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/engli...schussluftgewehre/e_weitschussluftgewehre.htm

I’ve managed to get in an couple of hours plinking in order to get the scopes zeroed in and I’ve been getting fairly consistent thumbnail sized groups so I’m very pleased. The rifle is more accurate than I am believe me.

This morning, just before I left for work I was gifted a very nice sized buck squirrel using RWS Superdomes. First shot, very humane (clean head shot) and on my land. It was a cold day at work today so I felt a wee bit peckish when I got home. I paunched my quarry and had the heart, liver and kidneys in butter, cream and Dijon mustard. A nice little amuse bouche. I’ve kept the pelt and rest of the meat for later use. My 8 year old daughter has baggzied the tail!

Thanks for reading..........hc

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I couldn't agree more, it's an excellent rifle. I got a HW97K last week and spent the other day zeroing the scope. It's a joy to shoot and as you say more accurate than I'll ever be.

I moved this to the Fair Game forum just in case you decided to add some pics of your quarry :)

Ed

Thanks Ed. Original plan wasn't too, but thank you for the nudge. I guess I could satisfy the above posters' curiosties with an arty shot of the rifle and rolled up felt. Afraid it's in the freezer for now.

It'll be good to show off a picture of the rather unusual thumbhole stock. Another HW97K fan to add to the ranks.......hc

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Great gun the 97k,Ive also just been bitten again by the airgun bug after many years.
My long suffering wife bought me a daystate air ranger and without a shadow of a dought its the best hunting gun ive ever shot,with a bipod mounted its awesome.
For my sins ive even started shooting ft again!
Soloman.

Here's a picture from the web of the rifle like the one I have. My scope is a Hawke Sport HD IR 4-12x50 AO. Picture of Pelt to follow. (Perhaps I'll fashion a pair of moccasins for the dog)

hw97kth600.jpg

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Congrats on your new rifle, Weihrauch are a class act - quality kit that will last a lifetime, (or two).

I modded my 77K into a similar sort of set up.

DSC00160-1.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

Custom stock, V-Mach RACE muzzle brake / silencer and a Leupold scope

DSC02155.jpg

Liking the modifications.

(Following a similar reply to another post so apologies for being boring)

Had my HW97KT (.22) for just a week and I’ve got 2 squirrels sitting in the freezer. They are both big bucks so need to be done in a stew. I am very respectful in how I obtain any game and it’s all for the pot and on my land or permission land. In this case the rifle supplied a clean head shot first pull. I also like to think I’m doing my bit to protect our wildlife from the American Greys thieving eggs, chicks, roosting birds, driving Reds and other mammals out etc.....hc

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Lovely rifle and great story. I shoot a 77 which is a big brute, but a joy to shoot. I've had it a couple of years and only aimed at targets - still looking for that elusive permission

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
I had a 97 tuned by Steve Pope, it was the sweetest springer for a few years among my then collections. Have you thought of getting the Venom upgrade?

Knightfisher8

Forager
Nov 17, 2010
Scotland
Lovely rifle !

I am also a fan of weihrauch , I use a 1984 hw77 that i rebuilt through the summer with venom parts . Shoots like new but probably alot heavier than yours !

DSC04884-1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE