Wed 23rd 05 - Some good TV tonight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Looks like there maybe some good TV on tonight. In fact there is almost a full 4hrs of back to back wildlife programming :eek: !!! Might have to get up and stretch the legs though. :lmao:

Channel 5 7.17 - 8pm

Deep Blue: Octopus Odyssey

1/4

Five Wild embarks on a new series of Deep Blue missions, exploring the wildlife of the sea. This first documentary gives us an in-depth look at the world of the octopus. They are versatile creatures, living in shallow waters, the deep sea, in the tropics and cold northern waters. Their amazing shape-shifting habits and intelligence have compelled film-maker Mike deGruy to follow them on a journey to their furthest reaches.

BBC 2 at 8 - 8.50pm

Natural World:- Cuba: Wild Island of the Caribbean

Documentary revealing the spectacular wildlife of Cuba, including the bee hummingbird, Cuban crocodiles, purple land crabs, sea turtles and giant iguanas.

BBC 2 at 8.50 - 9pm

The Owls and the Orchard

Short documentary taking a look at a devoted pair of little owls who set up home in an old orchard in rural Herefordshire. From spring blossom to autumn apples, it follows a year in the life of the parent birds, their baby owls and the old fruit trees.

BBC 1 at 9pm

Life in the Undergrowth

1/6 - Invasion of the Land

If you wanted to show a Martian how good we are at making TV programmes, this is what you'd show him. It's just glorious: a tender, loving look at the world of creepy-crawly things, which takes your breath away with its unexpected beauty. The visuals are a revelation: for the first time, it feels as though we're in among the spiders and insects and millipedes, part of their world rather than giants peering in. We watch in wonder as a velvet worm attacks a cricket with squirts of sticky goo and a foot-long centipede grabs an unlucky bat in a Venezuelan cave. Attenborough is on fine form, his storytelling skills as enchanting as ever. Nobody does it better.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
That's my evening sorted out then, must get some beers and a curry on the way home from work in order to make it a complete slob out evening in front of the box :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Beer Monster,

You don't work for the BBC do you, what a superb write up even if you were'nt into progs like that you would be after your write up on them. :D
Where were you 25 years ago when I was struggling with my essay's :lmao:
Thats me sorted tonight as well. ;)

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
The Joker said:
Beer Monster,

You don't work for the BBC do you, what a superb write up even if you were'nt into progs like that you would be after your write up on them. :D
Where were you 25 years ago when I was struggling with my essay's :lmao:
Thats me sorted tonight as well. ;)

I'm afraid I can't take credit ........ that goes to the Radio Times website :lmao: .

I find it hard enough to spell my own name. ;)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
maver said:
That's my evening sorted out then, must get some beers and a curry on the way home from work in order to make it a complete slob out evening in front of the box :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sounds like a plan to me! i have been looking forward to chillin out in frount of 'Life in the Undergrowth' since the adverts started.. the photography looks fantastic and David A is always very good!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE