Want to trade rucksacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Ok, I have my good ole standby US Army rucksack, size large, that I want to trade for something different. I dont currently have any pics of it, but I can throw some up in a few hours. This was my service ruck, and has carried its weight like a trooper :).
I have put aftermarket packstraps and hipbelt on it, made by Blackhawk Industries. they are WAY more comfy than the issue ones, conformed to your body, and are provided with a sternum strap. the hip belt is also made by the same company, and rides better than the issue one, by far. It eliminates the annoying digging into the sides by the belt holders. I also added fastex buckles to the top straps. The regular style is the webbing sliding through a buckle, and, well, I didnt care for it, so I added the fastex ones for ease of opening. It does need a new fastex buckle for the belt. Heck, if I get someone to trade with, I'll go & scrounge one up. This is definitely used, but in good condition. the pics I post later, you'll notice tape on the joints. This is NOT to hold it together; it is to keep the creaking of the frame to a minimum. I also have several external pouches that, should I find all 3, I'll throw on there as well.
What I am looking for in trade is something similar to this . Now, I am fully expecting one used, of course, and in decent condition. I would like it to be around the 60 L size. Color doesnt matter, but, I'd prefer the OD if I have a choice. If you have something similar to offer, please let me know. I'm looking for an even trade. thanks!
Pics:
This one showes the back, kidney belt, & frame. The tape you see there is what I was referring to
mora005.jpg

This is the front of it. You can see the black fastex buckes there. Also, that pocket on the right side looking at it is the add on pocket I was referring to.
mora003.jpg

this one shows the aftermarket suspension system. For evn greater comfort, we would cut up an old sleep mat & stick it between our backs & the frame. not sure if it helped with comfort, but it gave us a dry seat in the rain!
mora004.jpg

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
I wish I could help you but I already have three large alice packs, one MOLLE II Rifleman's pack, one medium alice pack or maybe two, an Italian military rucksack and an assortment of Walmart backpacks from my kids. :D Have you looked at Sportsmansguide.com? They usually have a good selection. Or maybe ebay?

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I can't see the picture at your link because of the firewall (US military, I might add) that I'm behind at the moment; however, I have an old-style Berghaus Cyclops Roc in green ,in good condition, that I'm willing to get rid of - I think they're about 80L? This is not the sac with the zip on side-pouches - they actually strap on!

I have to say, I don't actually want another sac but we can talk about something else to trade. Postage won't be much as I can get one of my US colleagues to APO it to you.

Only problem is: I'm deployed until mid-May! Can you wait that long if this is what you're after?

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Mike, do you have pics? If I havent picked one up by then, I'll give you a shout. I'll dig around for other stuff to trade...any outdoors stuff you're interested in? thanks.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Sorry - I don't at this time - sack's at home; I'm out here.

As I said, if you can hang on until May, I'll sort you out then. If not, let me know and I'll offer it elsewhere.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE