video to accompany the tattoo article

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
For those of you who might have enjoyed the 'marked, but unharmed' article in issue 5 of the BCUK magazine, here is an accompaning video which shows the technique:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
EDIT: Is it on YouTube? Photobucket want me to download Flash and I'd rather not.

Aha - I did wonder if you'd filmed it. Not sure I'm actually brave enough to watch
however. Thought the article was fascinating though I did think that you might
be a wee bit mad :D

I'm sure there's an audience for this sort of thing at the RGS...

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
Thats brilliant :cool: i believe the word tattoo comes from the tapping noise made as the artist taps the rake to drive the ink under the skin.In Japan there is still a tradition for doing tattoo's by the original method and not many artists use electric machines they make all the rakes and other tools them selves and the work they produce is stunning like real works of art.
Stuart could you please post a picture of the finished tattoo as i dont subscribe to the magazine and would really like to see how it turned out.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
kato said:
Stuart could you please post a picture of the finished tattoo.

I've not taken a picture of the completely finished tattoo; I suppose because I see it every day now, so I've not really felt any urgency to.

Here are some extra pictures (not from the magazine) in which you can see the design

This image shows some of the outline before filling in
outline.jpg

Andil doing the filling in:
finaltouches.jpg

Another view of 'the audience':
skulls.jpg

I'm curious to know what Cindy thought of it when you got home.
we had discussed the possibility of this kind of thing in the past and what I might choose to do given the opportunity.
when I got out of the forest I made a very nervous call home and told her I had had it done, but she didn’t get to see it properly till I got home; thankfully she likes it!

She didn’t expect is to be so detailed (or that big), she says its a very 'Organic' design. Cindy is very understanding of my restless nature and extremely supportive.

When are you going for the full body job?

Technically I am supposed to have the design mirrored on the other leg, but I am not sure I fancy another 9 hours of that. The guys enthusiastically suggested they get the other leg done when I come back: eek:

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
Great pictures Stuart.
That must have been a strange experience,9 hours of pain in the middle of the jungle with the ghoulish captive audience looking on :eek:
Thanks for sharing.

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy i bow down to anyone who would have a tattoo done like that, not doing it for a fad or trend but doing it because of what it means to them and the tribe it came from.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ouch!
Having seen the tat "in the flesh" I can honestly say that it looks better than the photos - very impressive!
I could not endure that much pain tho!
Respect!
John

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Go on put it on YouTube :D
pleasepleaseplease.

Photobucket keeps asking me to download the latest Flash and I can't
be bothered to read another of those EULAs (End-User Licence
Agreements) at the moment, or add more stuff to my desktop, but I really
want to see your video. Even if I have to hide behind the sofa.

The closest I've ever been to needles like that is when I was twelve or so
and had the BCG test to see if I was already immune. Alas no, so I had
the jab.

The only tattoo I'm ever likely to get would be a tiny brown dot, identical
to all the other tiny brown dots on my forearm, but I'd know :bandit:

Stuart - you're a brave man.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
If I put it in U-tube doesn’t it become public access though? I quite like the idea of having it somewhere private like photobucket and posting the video amongst friends.

Does U-tube have the option of privacy or is everything placed there open to a public U-tube search?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE