Video - New Sleep Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Afternoon all,

I shot a video yesterday following a great solo night in my local spot.

I got to test out my new BA arctic bag, Thermarest All Season mat and my new Icebreaker baselayer top.

It was my first proper night out without making a fire - I've slowly switched to stove cooking to cut down on destruction to the area I'm in, and so I relied on my kit to keep me warm instead.

The vid also shows my new setup technique for the hammock / basha - following advice from folk on this forum, I tied it higher than my basha to ensure it was covered completely.

Hope it's enjoyed, and maybe helpful to those interested in other people's setups.

[video=youtube;bwXGhzlgbJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwXGhzlgbJw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Brady

Last edited by a moderator:

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
You look like you had a good nights sleep! How do you find the DD camping hammock? Good enough or would you consider upgrading to a Frontline?
And did you find your sleep bag to be too warm for this time of year? Mine is ultra toasty :)
Cheers
Phil

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Cor, best night yet outside a building - tents included.

The camping hammock is great, I could do with a mosquito net as my ankles get terrorised in the night. I've no idea if the Frontline would be tougher / more comfy / slightly bigger - no clue. I'm not planning on upgrading though.

Haha yes, I forgot to mention in the video how warm it was. Toasty is the word mate, I had it unzipped all night, I'm looking forward to the cold weather to put it to some real use.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Ha! Glad to hear yours is hot, too - I'm almost wishing for the temperature to drop so I can get use out of it again :)
Thanks for your feedback on the hammock - I don't fancy the "between the layers cocoon" thing, sounds somewhat claustrophobic so thought the Frontline with built in net would make more sense. I do like the simplicity of the camping hammock, though!
Cheers for sharing,
Phil

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Good vid Brady, I like your videos really honest no faff looks like a good set up matey. 👍

Sent from somewhere?

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
I've not tried between the layers, I reckon you're bang on I'd find it claustrophobic myself. I've been looking at nets they do to fit the camping hammock, maybe some day.

Weekender cheers mate I well appreciate it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE