Various little projects I made the last few nights.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Due to weather, time and what not I've not been able to do any real projects to entertain myself so I've taken to small things to pass extra time.

Top of the picture is an antler handled Cermamic sharpening rod. Quick and simple, looks nice too.

Below that is a handle I salvaged from an old sharpening steel that had no life left in it, so I fitted a new diamond sharpening rod into it. Again, quick and simple but great for in the kitchen.

Below that.. the mysterious wooden thing I found is now a handle for the other section of the ceramic rod. Use it in the kitchen and it was not only simple and easy but really good to finnish my knives.

To the right is a little leather pipe holder to wear around my neck. Got the idea from getting pee'd off with keep my pipe in my pocket and shoving a smaller pipe into a denim neck pouch the other day. I've got a load of other ideas for these and will be making several more. This is just the first one I practiced with.

And lastly, I found a metal ring on the floor when walking around in town the other day and instantly thought it would be a good size to make a torch holder. So I sewed some leather together, binding it in and coloured it black. Now I can have a torch when walking the pooch without having to take my giant maglite! :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Nice little projects, I know the feeling Samon passing the winter cabin fever i found myself the other day getting my sewing kit out and cutting up an old wool military jumper and turning it into a cover for one of my hot water bottles that the cover was looking a bit hangared on, i was amazed how pro it looked when i was done

Couldn't resist an edit to show off my sewing work

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160210_175152.jpg
    20160210_175152.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Lol the boring wet days do inpsire some great things and that bottle cover is great!

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Nice little projects, I know the feeling Samon passing the winter cabin fever i found myself the other day getting my sewing kit out and cutting up an old wool military jumper and turning it into a cover for one of my hot water bottles that the cover was looking a bit hangared on, i was amazed how pro it looked when i was done

Couldn't resist an edit to show off my sewing work

attachment.php

That looks really neat. Just the job.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The only down side is it is now putting to shame the covers that came on my other hot water bottles (i have 3 lol i love hot water bottles), i still have enough left of the jumper i used to maybe make one more, i'm currently stuck in a lot nursing a knee injury so next time i find myself going loco about being stuck indoors i'll probably knock up another one

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Samon - good work. Those ceramic sharpening rods look very handy indeed!

GGTBod - That is an excellent piece of upcycling, might have to borrow the idea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE