Van insurance advice wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Finally gave up on my old loved transit and bit the bullet on a merc sprinter 311 high top it is a crew van model with the welfare setup in it and i love it well till i got the nearly £900 ins quote :Wow: I nearly fainted it is an 06 plate my other van was old not anywhere near the cost of this but surely this is expensive i understand if i convert it to a camper it puts the ins right down has anybody done this ?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
For the past 3 years, I've been with Autonet insurance. Every year they beat everyone elses quotes (money supermarket, compare the market etc) by a large margin. Its on an 07 VW Transporter.

Might be worth giving them a bell, I'm paying £350 for fully comp business insurance.

No idea on the campervan conversion, but they are a UK company and will tell you what the difference will be.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Don't know about converting a van, but my toyota is insured via autonet, mind i did get side swiped at 0700 this morning, by a guy changing lane with out seeing me..

Rob

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
My brother is converting LWB Vauxhaul Vivaro, VOSA need to agree it's main use is a camper van and not a car/van.

Any advice welcome buddy my van i feel is halfway there it has two windows one either side two seats in the middle with a fixed fold down table in front of them also has hand washing facility, microwave,fridge and a hot water unit for tea etc?

hobbes

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Devon, UK
if i convert it to a camper it puts the ins right down has anybody done this ?

This isn't quite the same thing, but many of my friends with living vans belong to the Caravan & Camping Club, regardless of whether they think it's naff or not, because there's an insurance payoff of some sort. Might be worth looking into. :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
both the same sounds promising i hope alls well Rob?

Not to bad Gill thank you, i was doing a shift for a collegue so he could go on holiday, just one of those wrong time wrong place, & some senile old fart not knowing where he's going or what he's doing. The old boy was 75, about 5ft 2", & he started crying...

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE