Useful DIY Mosi Net Supports for a Bivvy Bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

Here is something that might be of use to anyone thinking about upgrading a standard bivvy bag, especially you C&E weight conscious types!
I know that the subject has featured before and I did respond but I can’t work out where the original post is to bump it along, so I’m starting a fresh thread.
I don’t think that the following item has featured before.

The first image shows a set of fibre glass ‘fishing’ rods, not fish of the type that swim but ‘fish’ of the type relating to feeding electrical wiring, control cables etc through restricted spaces. Each rod is only about 3mm in diameter and 33cms long. They are also very lightweight.

At the end of each rod is a brass ferule with a threaded section enabling the rods to be joined together. As the next two images show, the joined sections can be curved to form an arch (or arches), easily anchored in the ground and provide a simple but effective support for - as the last image shows - a mosi net.

Care must be taken not to over stress the rods when curving them so as not to snap the threaded brass sections (I managed it!) but that aside they work and could provide the basis for a number of other projects as well.

I bought the rods from a tool stall at a car boot a few years back for a fiver and I've seen them since at a few outdoor shows.

Frods1.jpg Frods2.jpg Frods3.jpg Frods4.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE