Used Cooking Oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The butchers still sell beef dripping. £1.25 for 250g seems to be the going price.

Suet is available too.
I simply typed in scottish butcher, suet into Google and it came up with page loads.
We used to buy it in the cawl. It comes in a thin thin skin, the cawl, and we peeled that off and chopped it up small for baking.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
The butchers still sell beef dripping. £1.25 for 250g seems to be the going price.

Suet is available too.
I simply typed in scottish butcher, suet into Google and it came up with page loads.
We used to buy it in the cawl. It comes in a thin thin skin, the cawl, and we peeled that off and chopped it up small for baking.
I've bought caul a cooked of times from a pork butcher in the market in the next town; I used it to wrap the mixture when I made haslett.

Reactions: Toddy

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I used to run my car on waste veg oil and the quality of the stuff I collected varied from barely used to smelling so bad that I'd almost heave. I heard a few stories of places that never changed their cooking oil and just kept topping it up. Anyway now have a few gallons left which I use to help lighting bonfires.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
On that note, the dry poppadoms can be quickly rinsed under a tap and popped into the microwave for 30 secs, turned over and given another 30seconds.
Done, cooked, crisp and non greasy :D
Poppadoms can be grilled too, also not greasy. But you gotta watch them.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
We used to run the boat diesel engine on biodiesel made from waste cooking oil. The majority of it came bakeries and we'd cruise up the cut smelling of doughnuts!

Made you feel hungry..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE