Use For Empty C02 Capsules.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
The following is totally stolen from a post by "cinstone" on the Air Arms Owners club forum, but seeing we like DIY gear over here and this I thought was pretty neat idea that can be used for other things too.....

pelletpouchpic1zo4.jpg

pelletpouchpic2fo0.jpg

Method...

All you need is;-

Empty 12g C02 capsule.
Cork stopper from a bottle of port.
Hack saw.
Couple of small metal working files.
Sand paper.
Small piece of foam.
Screw in eyelet.
Super glue.
Length of fishing line to suit.

1, Buy port. (I recommend Cockburns Special Reserve).
2, Sample it. Maybe with a selection of nice cheeses, especially stilton.
3, Take an empty C02 capsule & cut off domed end with hack saw.
4, File jagged edges smooth with files.
5, Cut a small thin piece of foam to sit inside the capsule beneath the capsule neck.
6, Take port bottle cork & reduce the diameter of the cork to fit snuggly in the C02 capsule.
7, Screw eyelet into the hole in the capsule neck, that was punctured when the capsule was first used. Please note that this will not be a completely tight fit as the eyelets are quite thin. To combat this just add a dab of super glue once the eyelet has been screwed in as far as it will go.
8, Add a length of fishing line, or heavy duty cotton to the eyelet so the pouch can be hung around your neck.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
A good idea that could be used for a number of other things. Sewing kit, match case, maybe a protective cover for a ferrocium rod, tinder, emergency fiver, the list is endless.

Anyone got any spare?

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
I have a load but i suspect they will all be things like this later this evening!!!:)

tecNik

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2006
Leicestershire, UK
deadfish.co.uk
=D I knew I never throw these away for a reason. Anyone else got any other ideas? I once tried to turn one into an oil burner with a little roller flint on the side (like a bullet casing, trench lighter) but it never quite worked.

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
=D I knew I never throw these away for a reason. Anyone else got any other ideas? I once tried to turn one into an oil burner with a little roller flint on the side (like a bullet casing, trench lighter) but it never quite worked.

Thats sounds interesting, I might try that and see if I get any better results. How did you do it?
I also tried with a PVC cap instead of a cork, as I didn't have any corks to spare, and it seemed to work OK.:)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You forgot step 2a - Sleep off the port and stilton before playing with the hacksaw!

Now, wheres my first-aid kit?

Dave :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE