Unusual dwellings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
leon-1 said:
I spent 4 and a half months living in Shackleton House in South Georgia which is situated on King Edward Point and just a couple of Kms ski away from Gritviken (sp).

We low life sappers were not allowed to live in the 'big' house.

We were relegated to lar sen (broken name because the mod machine thinks i am swearing :) ) house or the old post office :)

Always need are ridgid raiders on the airdrops hey :)

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
zackerty said:
MyI hope to build a straw bale home in year or two, double level.
Ditto - although our's will only be a single story one.... well, it will and it won't! We're looking to build into a hillside, so 50% earth walled, 50% straw bale (that'll be the upper floors!), with a giant south facing, full height conservatory to make the most of passive heating, and some solar panels on the roof/out the front to heat water, and possibly with photovoltaics (although they're a bit pricey at the moment still - despite Gordon Brown's subsidies!).

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Dunno if it really counts but I work ourdoors and spend exactely 1/2 my year in my Vango Force 10 Mark 4.
And its great :)

Happy Camping
Garry

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not exactly sure it relates to bushcraft but I knew a Dutch bloke who lived in steel shipping containers connected together in a C shape with a kind of a yard in the middle.

He worked a a deep sea diver so spent long periods away from the place so would just lock the container up tight when he was away and the windows had steel shutters also.

You can stack them like Lego and line them out inside so they can be comfortable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE