Underblanket question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2007
france
We've just started making a couple of light KAQ underblankets for our Hennessy expeditions. Now, I see that on the group-buy Snugpak UB there are two additional shockcords in the middle of the UB. Searched the threads/photos but I can find no info on

1 if they are really necessary ( although I guess anything stopping air movement is good )

2 how they are fitted ? By which I mean are they attached to the outside shell of the UB, and thus compressing the insulation a touch, or are they fitted to the inside shell? Or are they sandwiched in the middle of of the insulation?

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
I don't think you can go too wrong just following the instructions on the KAQ site. Patrick changed the design of the quilt after customer feedback, so it should be pretty much perfect. From the photo's I've seen, it seals better at each end than other synthetic underquilts.
I'm planning on making one up as soon as I can justify having yet another quilt...

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
The two shock cords half way along the sides are just loops formed in the middle of the two edge cords. They allow you to fine tune the fit a little (or if it's really cold you can pull the 2 sides together over you and tie them together to form a sort of pod :) )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE