Underblanket Advice?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TroubledTalent

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2014
The woods
I kinda spaced and forgot to sort my underblanket, because I was too unsure on the technology
Here's my weather forecast for my open month "hide-away from the rest of the world" trip this winter.

"The autumnal, changeable conditions are likely to continue for many through the end of October and into the beginning of November. During this period,the southwesterly flow is likely to bring spells of wet and windy weather which should affect mostly northern and western areas, but perhaps reaching other areas as well at times. Daytime temperatures likely to be near or above the seasonal average."

I have a DD jungle hammock with 2 base layers, and a Rab andes 1000 sleeping bag.

Do I need an underblanket, what should I get?
I have 3 weeks to buy one, so no american companies please!

All the best
Chris

/edit, sorry average daytime* temperature is 3 to 0c

Last edited:

garethw

Settler
I kinda spaced and forgot to sort my underblanket, because I was too unsure on the technology
Here's my weather forecast for my open month "hide-away from the rest of the world" trip this winter.

"The autumnal, changeable conditions are likely to continue for many through the end of October and into the beginning of November. During this period,the southwesterly flow is likely to bring spells of wet and windy weather which should affect mostly northern and western areas, but perhaps reaching other areas as well at times. Daytime temperatures likely to be near or above the seasonal average."

I have a DD jungle hammock with 2 base layers, and a Rab andes 1000 sleeping bag.

Do I need an underblanket, what should I get?
I have 3 weeks to buy one, so no american companies please!

All the best
Chris

/edit, sorry average temperature is 3 to 0c

Only you really know if you NEED one, but they are nice... with your delay I'd go with a DD hammocks quilt...I have the older Snugpak version but the are excellent, warm and at a good price. They also will work great with your DD hammock. I've used mine to -1.
Cheers
Gareth
i

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
I use a patern 58 x army down filled sleeping bag suspended using 1.5mm-2mm bungy cord, does the trick, a little heavy to carry but I like to enjoy the outdoors in comfort

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
I seem to remember that sleeping bags can be easily enough converted into underquilts (yes, I know I'm probably too late) thought I'd chuck that out there

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE