Tracking books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Hi Richard... I can't recommend a tracking school, but I can recommend a book.... 'Animal Tracks and Signs' by Preben Bang and Preben Dahlstrom, ...published by Oxford University Press; ISBN: 0198507968. Its a bible of animal track sign for european animals ..... superb.

:-D
Ed

Richard

Sep 30, 2003
Kent
www.trail-sense.co.uk
Yes, I agree. Bang and Dhalstrom is a great book. Another good one specifically for British mammals is 'Mammal Detective' by Rob Strachan, although it doesn't go into gait patterns much. A good American animal tracking book is by Paul Rezendes called 'Tracking & the Art of Seeing'.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Another useful book is "The Complete Guide to Tracking" by Bob Carrs. My copy was printed in in 1999. You quite often see it in the remainder-type bookshops although I note that there's a new printing out now, don't know whether it's a revised edition though.

Don't be put off by the "Written by an ex-SAS tracker" blurb it's not gung-ho or full of macho war stories.

Justin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE