Tonneau cover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
I have recently taken the snug top off the back of my Navara as I had a lot of garden stuff in bags to relocate (to the tip) as a large area is now a veg patch. I now prefer the truck without it anyway and have no plans to put it back on. At the same time I could do with something to keep the rain off any gear I want to put in the back. Oh no......choices.
Does anyone have any snippets of information or advice about tonneau covers for pick ups?
Soft, roller, hinged or other designs? I would prefer not to drill any holes in the vehicle if possible but am a bit lost. :confused:

MikeS

Forager
Sep 5, 2005
Peterborough
Another option which I use is to buy some water tight garden boxes for somewhere like Focus and store stuff in those. To increase security you will need to fit padlocks which can be a bit of a pain.

Dec 5, 2006
Pennsylvania, U.S.
Previously owned an F-150 Super Duty Crew Cab Pick-up and decided that after spraying the bed liner with Rhino Lining that I wanted full visibility through the windows; hence the tonneau cover. The one that I purchased had a frame that sat around the top of the bed and was clamped on. The actual cover was a canvas backed vinyl that snapped onto the frame. The only thing in care was that I would use Armor All to treat the cover to prevent sun damage and drying. If the cover is put on while warm it stretches and has a little give that allows you to snap it on with greater ease. It you take it off and it gets cold, you really need to warm it up first, otherwise it can be so hard to snap it back onto the frame.
Speaking in terms of security it really is not a great preventative against theft. If you need to crawl up under the cover for protection from the elements it stay very dry. The benefit of a tonneau over a cap is that you have no limitations on how high you can carry cargo.

There are also frames that are clamped to the bed and the tonneau can be attached by a magnetic slides. Either way there are arched braces for supporting the tonneau underneath. No water can sit on it for long.

Reactions: Carcajou Garou

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE